Focal Point
[CLOSED] App Studio WebFOCUS Client Configuration

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2147016286

June 01, 2016, 03:51 PM
wfuser16
[CLOSED] App Studio WebFOCUS Client Configuration
I'm trying to configure a WebFOCUS environment in App Studio, which is installed on the same machine as WebFOCUS, but it's not accepting the credentials I provide in the WebFOCUS component of the environment properties.

Where can I change the credentials for the WebFOCUS client? Can they be changed through the administration console or cgivars file? The documentation also mentions a file called wfscom.xml where environment settings are saved, but the credentials are encrypted.

Is there anything else I need to check to ensure I'm able to login to the WebFOCUS environment through App Studio?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wfuser16,

Release 8.08
Windows Server 2008
Excel, HTML
June 01, 2016, 03:54 PM
MattC
How is your authentication configured? What is your client web application?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
June 02, 2016, 08:47 AM
wfuser16
What exactly do you mean by client web application? IIS and Tomcat are configured.

Are these the authentication settings you're referring to?

Release 8.08
Windows Server 2008
Excel, HTML
June 02, 2016, 09:45 AM
MattC
So your configured for LDAP and using Tomcat. I assume you can log in via the browser to see your environment?

You are using an id that exists in LDAP when you try and connect via App Studio right?

No Pre-authentication like SiteMinder correct?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
June 02, 2016, 10:09 AM
wfuser16
Yes, I am able to login to http://localhost/ibi_apps from the browser.

I am using the same ID that exists in LDAP and Windows authentication.

Release 8.08
Windows Server 2008
Excel, HTML
June 02, 2016, 10:17 AM
Ricardo Augusto
Hello wfuser16,

What did you selected when you installed the APP Studio?
If you installed the full version it will install a 'reporting server' too.

If you installed *ONLY* APP Studio, you can open it and setup an environment ( LOCALHOST) providing the same credentials you used to login on http://localhost/ibi_apps/

Please, make sure what you selected when you installed APP Studio and also check the configurations of your EDASERVE NODE ( localhost) from your AS.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05 / APP Studio
June 02, 2016, 11:19 AM
wfuser16
I was able to resolve the issue; thanks for your help.

Release 8.08
Windows Server 2008
Excel, HTML
June 02, 2016, 11:45 AM
Francis Mariani
You ought to tell us how you resolved the issue, so that the next person that has the same problem can benefit from your work.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 02, 2016, 12:09 PM
Ricardo Augusto
Share your secret wfuser16

WebFOCUS 8.1.05 / APP Studio
June 02, 2016, 12:40 PM
wfuser16
I did see some similar threads, but there weren't really any solutions. To fix my issue, I updated the Windows login on the server where WebFOCUS is installed. I was then able to configure the local environment in App Studio and get access to the data server.

Release 8.08
Windows Server 2008
Excel, HTML