Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     OLAP Report in a HTML Frame

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
OLAP Report in a HTML Frame
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone experienced a problem when putting an OLAP enabled report into a frame in a HTML page? I am finding that when I do this the following error appears in the frame:

Unknown error occurred.
Agent on reporting server EDASERVE may have crashed.
Please investigate reporting server log.

Then when I log into the WebFOCUS server and navigate to the Agents (Workspace / Monitor / Agents), it shows the agent as having "crashed" under the State column.

I am going to open a ticket with IBI since I'm not familar with the reporting server log, but I was curious if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks,

Rob

WebFOCUS 716
Linux Kernel-2.6.9 x86_64 64bit
Excel, PDF, HTML, Active Reports, Visual Discovery

Posts: 14 | Location: Bethesda, MD | Registered: June 01, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Huh. The two don't sound related -- the server shouldn't care where you place the result. Are you making any changes to the focexec in order to format it for the frame? Are you drawing different data?

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
just fyi, RPond, that particular error message is generic, and occurs for a zillion reasons.
So OLAP is probably not, as John says, the cause. Make sure the fex runs by itself perfectly. A crashed agent needs to be deleted..
if you click on the agent number in the console, one of the options is kill. So go ahead and kill. it will erase the temp directory that has been established for that particular fex. Its a good idea to routinely check your server console for crashed agents.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. I am finding that I get the error only when I open the file in the HTML Layout Painter to make modifications. When executed, the OLAP report shows up normal in the HTML frame and it doesn't impact the agent.
My main concern was the crashing agent and I spoke with IBI tech support regarding this...there is a setting that will automatically clean up crashed agents.

=========================

Here is the text from my case management ticket on how to automatically clean up crashed agents:

Robert,
As per our conversation, you wanted to know if there were any settings
that would clean up crashed agents.

You can add the following to your edaserve.cfg file:

crashed_cleanup = ON

The setting goes outside of the node blocks, for example:

SERVICE = WC_DEFAULT
BEGIN
maximum = 2
number_ready = 2
maximum_q = 10
END
SERVICE = DFM_DEFAULT
BEGIN
maximum = 10
number_ready = 0
END

crashed_cleanup = on

Thank you
Kelly
=========================

I added this configuration and tested it using the HTML frame / OLAP issue I've been experiencing. Where I had previously been seeing the crashed the agent, it is automatically killing it. Maybe this can be of use to others.

Thanks,

Rob

WebFOCUS 716
Linux Kernel-2.6.9 x86_64 64bit
Excel, PDF, HTML, Active Reports, Visual Discovery

Posts: 14 | Location: Bethesda, MD | Registered: June 01, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
While we're in this topic, I would just like to mention that in 7.1.3, we've experienced that the OLAP buttons (OLAP, SAVE, RESET, etc.) falls off the olap pane when on TABBED and the OLAP is run inside a frame. Sorry, my english is eluding me today, not sure if that made sense to anybody...

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post