Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] How to print the check mark symbol

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How to print the check mark symbol
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Does any one know how to print the check mark symbol on a report. I can printed the currency symbol and copyright symbol, we now need the check mark symbol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 61 | Location: New York City | Registered: July 20, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The check mark symbol is not available in normal character fonts, but it is in Wingdings 2. This works for HTML but not for PDF:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COUNTRY
COMPUTE CHECK1/A1 = 'P';
COMPUTE CHECK2/A1 = 'R';
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=CHECK1, FONT='Wingdings 2', $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=CHECK2, FONT='Wingdings 2', $
ENDSTYLE
-*ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
thanks that worked fine, howerver we do need to work in PDF. Is there way to do it like the way the Copyright

-SET &UTF_COPY = HEXBYT(49833, 'A1');
-TYPE &UTF_COPY

we need to find the HEX code for the checkmark

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
we need to find the HEX code for the checkmark

Would ✓ work for you?

That is: & # x 2713 ; (remove the spaces)

8.0.02M, Oracle 11.2 (AIX), Windows 2008R2, HTML, PDF, Excel

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
& # x 2713

Hi

Could you provide sample code that works for & X x 2713 value you sent

Expert
posted Hide Post
This works for HTML, but not for PDF:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COUNTRY
COMPUTE CHECK/A8 = '&|#X2713;';

-*ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
-SET &UTF_COPY = HEXBYT(49833, 'A1');
-TYPE &UTF_COPY

I found this on-line, it may help you.

http://answers.yahoo.com/quest...0100819144054AAutScN

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.1.05
Windows 7 Professional
IE 11 and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m.
Mostly HTML, PDF, Excel, and AHTML

Posts: 272 | Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: September 30, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Try this. Will work for PDF and HTML. You have to code for both. The stylesheet use of zapgfdingbats is ignored by HTML format and the COMPUTED use of Wingdings 2 is ignored by PDF format. EXL2K, AHTML, DHTML will also get a checkmark using the Wingdings 2 code.

-SET &FORMAT='PDF';
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
COMPUTE CHECK/A70=IF '&FORMAT' EQ 'PDF' 
                  THEN '3' 
                  ELSE '<font size="4" color="GREEN" face="wingdings 2"> &|#80 </font>';
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &FORMAT
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
   TYPE=REPORT, GRID = OFF, SQUEEZE=ON,$
   TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2,COLOR=BLUE,SIZE=15, FONT='zapfdingbats', $
ENDSTYLE
END

In FOCUS since 1985 - WF 8.009/8.104 Win 8 Outputs: ALL of 'em! Adapters: Sql Server Teradata Oracle

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Good one Dav

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Why don't you try this:

PRINT

COMPUTE imgsrc/A50V = IF T_REST_PLAN93 LE -1 THEN 'Close.png' ELSE IF T_REST_PLAN93 LE 30 THEN 'Ok.png' ELSE 'search_16.png'; NOPRINT
COMPUTE IMG/A100V = '';
AS ''
COMPUTE imgsrc1/A50V = 'Close.png'; NOPRINT
COMPUTE IMG1/A100V = ''; NOPRINT
COMPUTE imgsrc2/A50V = 'warning_16.png'; NOPRINT
COMPUTE IMG2/A100V = ''; NOPRINT
COMPUTE imgsrc3/A50V = 'Ok.png'; NOPRINT
COMPUTE IMG3/A100V = ''; NOPRINT
COMPUTE imgsrc4/A50V = 'search_16.png'; NOPRINT
COMPUTE IMG4/A100V = ''; NOPRINT
AS ''

As Symbol you can use any symbol you want. Just google for nice symbols.
It works and you can be creative in presenting your report.

OS is Windows 7
We create al sorts of outputs depending on the demand, HTML (most cases), Excel (some cases) and PDF (some cases)

Posts: 32 | Location: Utrecht, Holland | Registered: December 10, 2008Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavSmith:
Try this. Will work for PDF and HTML. You have to code for both. The stylesheet use of zapgfdingbats is ignored by HTML format and the COMPUTED use of Wingdings 2 is ignored by PDF format. EXL2K, AHTML, DHTML will also get a checkmark using the Wingdings 2 code.

Thanks the code works for us

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
J, my pleasure. I appreciate the feedback.

Hi Nordin, Nice suggestion. You are using image ".png" files to generate the checkmark. While it will work, there is certainly more effort in maintaining and modifying code when dealing with images. I try and avoid images whenever possible. Case in point, I can't see the images you attached as part of your code samples here. You may also want to delete 2 of your posts since you have 3 posts with the same info. Smiler

In FOCUS since 1985 - WF 8.009/8.104 Win 8 Outputs: ALL of 'em! Adapters: Sql Server Teradata Oracle

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavSmith:
J, my pleasure. I appreciate the feedback.

Hi Nordin, Nice suggestion. You are using image ".png" files to generate the checkmark. While it will work, there is certainly more effort in maintaining and modifying code when dealing with images. I try and avoid images whenever possible. Case in point, I can't see the images you attached as part of your code samples here. You may also want to delete 2 of your posts since you have 3 posts with the same info. Smiler

Thanx, I tried 2 edit the post so you don't have the "can't find image" symbol. But somehow ended having three posts.

About using images. The reason we use it because one, you can be very creative in what you display. Second you can choos HQ images instead of LQ featured symbols.

OS is Windows 7
We create al sorts of outputs depending on the demand, HTML (most cases), Excel (some cases) and PDF (some cases)

Posts: 32 | Location: Utrecht, Holland | Registered: December 10, 2008Report This Post