Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] How do I use a Dashboard Prompt value in a Drill Down Parameter????

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2167097436

November 20, 2013, 02:09 PM
John Pfeiffer
[CASE-OPENED] How do I use a Dashboard Prompt value in a Drill Down Parameter????
Has anyone successfully accomplished this?

After the user chooses a value from a active dashboard prompt drop down list, I want to use that chosen value as the parameter value to pass in a drill down. Is this possible????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.0.2
Windows
HTML, HTML5, Active Report
November 26, 2013, 04:51 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi John,

While we wait to see if another customer can help with this issue, please keep us posted on the final solution from your case. Thank you in advance for sharing with all.

Regards,

Kathryn
March 10, 2014, 11:31 AM
Spence
Any feed back on this?

What is the name of the parameter in the active dashboard drop down?

WF 8 version 8.2.04. Windows.
In focus since 1990.
March 10, 2014, 08:20 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Spence,

John Pfeiffer's issue ended up going to programming. The issue was that only the first value in a graph was being passed in a drilldown regardless of the actual filter selection. A target release has not yet been assigned for this fix.

Regards,

Kathryn
March 11, 2014, 10:55 AM
Spence
Hello Kathryn,

Do you know if there is variable name assigned to the lone drop down in an active dashboard?

WF 8 version 8.2.04. Windows.
In focus since 1990.
March 12, 2014, 08:08 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Spence,

The original topic was for release 8.0.0.2, and per your profile, you're running release 7.7.03. Does the following help?

Creating an Active Technologies Dashboard

Regards,

Kathryn