Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Report Caster Scheduling

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Report Caster Scheduling
 Login/Join

posted
I have a report that need’s to be e-mailed out on Friday and Saturday of what we call month end. I can not set the scheduler to do this on every month last day of the 4 the week because the month could have 4 or 5 week’s in it. I can’t do it for curtains dates because it changes. This is what I need it to do.

Run on Friday the 24th and Saturday the 25th of this month but then run on Friday the 29th and Saturday the 30th of next month. So on and so on for the year. Can this be done on one schedule without changing it or will I have to come back and change this every month?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS Dev Studio 8105m

Posts: 24 | Registered: September 24, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Create a fex which calculates when the next runtime is and refer to John Gray's article in the Developer Centre to learn how to set the value into RC. Then once you have this working as required run it as a second or post process to your main one.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Alternatively, you could schedule the job to be run on every friday and saturday. Then you would decide in the job itself if it needs to run, ie it can check if it is the last friday/saturday of the month. If not, just do nothing and exit, otherwise do whatever it is meant to do.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I go more or less with GamP suggestion. We do some of this similar.
What came up for me in this special case is that you want it to run on friday and Saturday.
In April this works, but how about July.
The last Friday in July is also the last day. So if you run this every Friday and Saturday the system will see that Saturday 25 will be the last Saturday of that month. Friday 24 however was not the last Friday.
What do you expect?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I have just faced a very similar requirement in that a process must be run every Monday except when it is a Bank Holiday when it should be run on the Tuesday instead (not as well as). To overcome this I used the method I suggested above, and I include it here as it might be useful for others.

-* Advance the date by seven days and identify the day of week
-SET &NextWend = DATECVT(DATEMOV(DATECVT(&YYMD, 'I8YYMD', 'YYMD') + 7, 'EOW'), 'YYMD', 'I8YYMD');
-SET &NextEdow = DOWK(&NextWend, 'A3');
-* Calculate the offset to obtain the previous Sunday giving a non working day start ppoint
-SET &Offset   = DECODE &NextEdow ('SUN' '-7' 'SAT' '-6' 'FRI' '-5' 'THU' '-4' 'WED' '-3' 'TUE' '-2' ELSE '-1');
-SET &NextSunD = AYMD(&NextWend, &Offset, 'I8YYMD');
-* Now advance the date by adding a business day which will skip Bank Holidays using the Holiday Calendar
-SET &NextDate = DATECVT(DATEMOV(DATECVT(AYMD(&NextWend, &Offset, 'I8YYMD'),'I8YYMD','YYMD'), 'BD+'),'YYMD','I8YYMD');

The comments should be explanation enough but I only show the dialog manager code that calculates the next run date. I follow this with an extract from Report Caster to get the schedule id required. I then define a few fields that calculate the zulu time (see Susannah's article) and then use that to calculate the string value that represents the nextruntime field in Report Caster and apply it using SQL UPDATE of BOTSCHED as per Jodye Yates' article.

To make the process turly transportable across different time zones use John Gray's article

The two days running might give you problem but there are several ways of dealing with that.

Using the developers articles available you can really enhance your manipulation of WF and RC.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Frank, that is a great question. User must have this thought out ahead of time especially if the results of Friday somehow are tied in to the Saturday. I personally like GamP idea.
Ira

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0