Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] User lockout

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] User lockout
 Login/Join

posted
Is there a supported method to lock out MRE and DevStudio users during a scheduled outage? I could disable the authentication method, but the error message is nondescript. I could also post an index.html page at the root of the site, but those who have bookmarked a page and DevStudio users would fly right by. Stopping the services gives an ugly EDASERVE message. Thoughts, ideas, sympathy?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.69
Windows
Output: All formats

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
What we have is a maintenance page displayed by the Webserver in case it can't contact the Application Server.
So, if you have a planned maintenance, just turn off the AppServer and a nice page informs your users.

I'm not sure if this works for DevStudio.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Computix,

WF 7.6.6 (MRE,BID, DevStudio, partly RC) on Windows 2003 /Apache/Tomcat
Output: HTML,Excel,PDF,PPT
Adapters: SQL Server, DB2, Oracle

Posts: 38 | Location: Austria, Linz | Registered: June 19, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you're talking about blocking things during server maintenance on the Reporting Server (e.g. The WebFOCUS Client is still running). Otherwise you wouldn't get the "ugly EDSERVE message".

This being the case if you have ANY Reporting Server running anywhere (even on a Dev or Test environment), you could do something like this:

IBIC_server=UP_SERVER
IBIF_adhocfex = "\n-HTMLFORM BEGIN \n<B>Down for maitenance!</B>\n-HTMLFORM END "

This code can be added to:
WF Admin Console -> Configuration -> Custom Settings

UP_SERVER should be the name of the Reporting Server that is not down (e.g. EDASERVE).

What this does is it changes the server that is being used to the server is up. It then runs a report on that server which displays a message:
"Down for maintenance".

This report should override any request that has been sent to the server.

Please test this before implementing it. It is possible something like this might give an ugly message in DevStudio before you actually get to the point of running a report.

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Matt,

What I have done is create a version of the WORP_Login.jsp file that displayes a message to the user and doesn't allow them to log in. However, it does contain a hidden log in button so I can log on and run tests. I can send you the modified .jsp file if you like.

Cheers,

Dan

7.7.05M/7.7.03 HF6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 output to whatever is required.

Posts: 393 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
great ideas. I'll try dlogan's and Dan's approaches and report back to the forum

WebFOCUS 7.69
Windows
Output: All formats