Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] HTML Composer yields '(Not Responding)' message opening a .HTM file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] HTML Composer yields '(Not Responding)' message opening a .HTM file
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I created a dashboard with HTML Composer, consisting of six panels. Each panel contains an iframe. And each iframe exectues an external procedure.

HTML Composer yields a '(Not Responding)' message, upon opening a .HTM file.

After many minutes, the .htm 'opens'. I see the results of execution in the first four panels, but not the last two.

Steps:
1. Highlight filename in explorer.
2. Right Mouse click.
3. Click 'Open in HTML Composer'.

This was opening fine late yesterday. It stopped working today when I came in this morning.

The .htm executes ok.

Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Master
posted Hide Post
Update: I can repro this symptom on a new .htm. I create four iframes linked to external procedures, and I can then open the .htm in HTML Composer AOK. As soon as, I add a fifth iframe, I obtain the '(Not Responding)' message, upon attempting to open in HTML Composer.

<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi David,

Thank you for opening a case for this issue. Please keep us updated on the outcome.

Cheers!

Kathryn

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Is this opening or executing?

Can you go into options and check Simulated Data for HTML?

I had similar behavior with a particular HTML that grabbed a lot of data.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your questions, Matt,
quote:
Is this opening or executing?

'(Not Responding)' messages appears upon opening the .htm with HTML Composer.

The .htm executes like a champ. The page renders, and all six panels are resolved in under two seconds.

quote:
Can you go into options and check Simulated Data for HTML?

Going to Window...Options...HTML Page and switching from 'Live Data' to 'Simulated Data' does not resolve the issue.

Going to Window...Options...HTML Page and unchecking 'Report and Graph Preview' does resolve the issue. Except of course I see empty panels, at design time.

quote:
I had similar behavior with a particular HTML that grabbed a lot of data.

In my test case, all panels go after IBI sample files. The issue seems to be not so much going after a large amount of data, as much as, laying out more than four panels on the page.

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster