Focal Point
[CLOSED] Random GRAPH FILE errors

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2197018695

January 12, 2011, 07:20 AM
Wep5622
[CLOSED] Random GRAPH FILE errors
We're experiencing random errors in our graphs. The errors are similar to
Possible Error on: setMarkerSizeUnit(30.0)

Often the command mentioned in the error isn't even used in the graphs (or in any templates in the rare cases that we use those).

I've seen mention of similar issues in past forum posts and the suggested workaround there was to use "setReportParsingErrors(false);".

However, that would mean that we need to modify all our graph files! Besides, that approach ignores any errors, some of which could be relevant to the outputed graph resulting in invalid results, wouldn't it?

So, I'd rather see this solved permanently. Is there any notion of what could be causing this issue?
It seems java related, could it be something related to the JVM or tomcat? Any pointers what to look at?

I've looked in the edaprint.log, but it doesn't list any relevant errors and nothing in it jumps out as related to graph creation - is it the wrong file to look in?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :
January 12, 2011, 07:33 AM
GamP
Graphs are being created by the servlets using java. That means that Tomcat is indeed involved in creating graphs. It may prove useful to increase the maximum amount of memory tomcat reserves for the use of java. You can specify the minimum and maximum memory limits. Exactly how can be found in several other threads on this forum.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988