Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [RESOLVED by upgrade] Filter HTML disappears after nav to diff page in V4 portals?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[RESOLVED by upgrade] Filter HTML disappears after nav to diff page in V4 portals?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Update: Was able to reproduce the error by merely creating a new self-contained Enterprise domain node with its own collaborative portal, 2 test pages (created in Page Designer), filter controls (created in AppStudio), and page content, all tied to the ggsales sample data. Submitted it in a case we now have open.

Hi all,

For those in 8201M, has anyone came across the issue where after creating responsive page controls in AppStudio's HTML tool, you add them into a portal page in Page Designer for use with the other content panels going into that page (doing this for 2 different pages); then, try to add them into a collaborative portal (stored in the Domains repo area), which works/runs fine...until the moment you have more than 1 page tied to a portal using filter html from AppStudio, the filtering panels stop loading/appearing/working and even have controls partially disappear after navigating to a different page?

Anyone have the same issues?

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
What's you're latest up date on the CoolGuyI'm having similar issues now. That, tied in with not being able to have mode than one session open at a time when using collaborative portals. "Regular portal" don't seem to have the same issue as "collaborative portals".

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Doug,

Which version are you on right now? This was fixed for us in 8202 or 8202M. We are currently on 8202M w/o any of those issues anymore. You may need to bite the bullet and upgrade, I'm sad to say. I agree, though, that they release something as GA but with glaring bugs still present. Just a heads up, 8202M is having security/new WF Home UI, IA+ expression filtering, & HTML5 Extensions UI issues. Not much better... We're attempting to work these out with IBI currently. One day we may get to a GA release that really means that. One day...

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks CoolGuy,

As in my signature (may be TMI there?) I'm on 8202M and I got the bug-spray out while fighting thru some of those bugs...
quote:
In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from the early beginnings of FOCUS and PC FOCUS to WebFOCUS 8202M.
Smiler / Frowner / Big Grin

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
No problem Doug. Smiler

Not to be critical of it, but it just wasn't clear to me by your signature that you were indeed on 8202M despite me seeing that you mentioned it in your signature before asking you for it. I see your signature expressing your range of releases you've worked within, but not specifying exactly which one you are on now. I did not get the inference even though I probably should have. Sorry about that. Thank you for clarifying though.

Are you seeing the issues in 8202M still from your end? We haven't had them since upgrading.

Expert
posted Hide Post
NP... I'll put it in WebFOCUS Code for us who have been drinking the FOCUS Kool Aid: Smiler

WHERE WebFOCUS_Releases_That_Doug_Has_Worked_With IS-FROM "Mainframe FOCUS and PC FOCUS" TO "WebFOCUS 8202M" ;

Doug

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
WHERE CUR_RELEASE EQ '8202M';
was more what I was looking for. I wasn't interested in the full range you've worked with when I asked which version you are on, but that's nice to know. Wink

My perspective:

A freelance WebFOCUS contractor has disclosed the full range of releases he's worked within till now (which is great), even having worked in 8202M at one point, but depending on current client (employer) or type of environment at that client (prod/test), could be back to working in 8202(non M) currently, etc. So, there was/is still an element of mystery left that required/requires me to ask which version (despite using bold formatting; and even with a FROM...TO clause). lol Again, not trying to pick on you. Just giving some clarification. Yes, I am extremely OCD, and was even diagnosed at one point in my life. lol Sorry.

So, you are having filtering disappear and bug out even in 8202M, huh? That doesn't bode well... Hope it doesn't come back for us. Really need things to start working. We've spent far too long being IBI's unofficial QA team. Thanks for the heads up!

Guru
posted Hide Post
Doug, more cowbell

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post