Focal Point
Task Error: While Scheduling the Reports [Solved]

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/221107034

April 29, 2010, 10:28 AM
Anmol
Task Error: While Scheduling the Reports [Solved]
HI All,
I am trying to execute the schedule from MRE from Integration Layer. but I am getting following error....

Task error: WARNING: SORTING ON A COMPUTED FIELD % ROWCNT
No report to distribute

When I run the Schedules as a standalone it is getting properly scheduled without any error.
Also I am running the report then also it doesnot give any error.
But when I run the schedules from the Integration Layer....Then this error occurs....

Does someone observed this behaviour? Is this any enviornment specific...??

Any suggestions/ideas would be highly appreciated....
Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anmol,

WebFocus7.6.2, WebFocus 7.1.1,Windows
HTML, PDF and Excel
April 29, 2010, 10:34 AM
GinnyJakes
When sorting on a computed field the syntax must look like this:
BY TOTAL computed_field

It may be that your error is hidden in the other environments. You might want to do a view source to see if that is the case.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
April 29, 2010, 11:49 AM
Anmol
Thanks Ginny,
I was not able to view the source as it was Report caster log which was not in Debug mode.
I used "BY TOTAL computed_field"
and then tried to run the schedule in debug mode, which works fine...

This resolves my problem....Kudos to you Ginny....

But one question am not able to understood that that why this warning not there in EDASERVE or when we run this Report normally....

I have this report without "BY TOTAL computed_field" like only "BY computed_field"
Though it is working fine...

Why is this warning in MRE only and only Scheduled report from Integration Layer.?
Is this bug?
do u have any Idea....
All suggestions would be helpful...
thanks...!

HTML, PDF and Excel
April 29, 2010, 11:56 AM
GinnyJakes
The error was probably there when you ran from EDASERVE. Either have your output in HTML and do a view source OR turn the Message Viewer on.

At any rate, you should follow this rule in case IBI tightens the code in a later release and doesn't allow you to get away with it.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
April 29, 2010, 12:04 PM
Anmol
Yes Ginny, You are correct......

I also get that warning in when i ran report from EDASERVE, i have seen the warning at the last in source code.....

This seems that when we schedule the report this warning doesn't allow the report to distribute in the libray.....

Thanks Much Ginny..... Smiler
Your help Appreciates.......!!

HTML, PDF and Excel