Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] problem with dropdown not loading correctly

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] problem with dropdown not loading correctly
 Login/Join

posted
We have a chained dropbox that is supposed to load a selected item and all items following in alphabetic order. The problem is that the loaded box only contains the item selected from the chained drop down and not the ones following. I put the same chained focexec in a report frame and it loads correctly.

The code is below.

-DEFAULT &GEOLOC_PARM = 'WWYP';
-*-DEFAULT &GEOLOC_PARM '_FOC_NULL';

-*-DEFAULT &STRT_WRK = '_FOC_NULL';

-? &
DEFINE FILE LKUP_WORKCENTERS
SORT_FIELD/A10 = GEOLOC_CODE | WORKCENTER;
SHOP_LIST_END/A170 = WORKCENTER || ' -' | ' ' | SHOP_MNEMONIC | ' ' | ' - ' | ' (' | SHOP_NAME | ')';
END

TABLE FILE LKUP_WORKCENTERS
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET PRINT ONLINE
SUM SHOP_LIST_END
BY SORT_FIELD
BY WORKCENTER
WHERE GEOLOC_CODE EQ '&GEOLOC_PARM';
-*WHERE WORKCENTER GE '&STRT_WRK' ;
WHERE SHOP_MNEMONIC NE 'HOLD';
WHERE WORKCENTER NE 'HOLD ';
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
-*ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD_END_WRK
END
-RUN

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

8.201, Windows/Unix

Posts: 5 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: April 17, 2020Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the first one resolved now the only problem is with the double list box. It contains data resulting in a GE and a LE Where statement. I'm getting a message telling me that there is an issue chaining the combobox to the customselect box. I'm not able to get it resolved using the settings tab after right clicking on the chain arrow.

8.201, Windows/Unix

posted Hide Post
DEFINE FILE V_WRKCTR_TRNG_COURSES
NEW_GEOLOC/A5 = IF COMMAND EQ 'AMC' AND GEOLOC_CODE EQ 'NKAK' THEN 'NKAKA'
ELSE IF COMMAND EQ 'AETC' AND GEOLOC_CODE EQ 'NKAK' THEN 'NKAKB'
ELSE GEOLOC_CODE;
COURSE/A10 = COURSE_PREFIX | COURSE_CODE;
COURSE_SORT_FIELD/A10 = COURSE;
COURSE_LINE/A128 = COURSE || ' - ' |NOMENCLATURE;
END

TABLE FILE V_WRKCTR_TRNG_COURSES
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET PRINT ONLINE
SUM COURSE_LINE AS ''
BY COURSE_SORT_FIELD NOPRINT
BY COURSE
WHERE NEW_GEOLOC EQ '&GEOLOC_PARM'
-IF (&STRT_WRK EQ '$*') AND (&END_WRK EQ '$*') THEN GOTO SKIPWRK;
WHERE WORKCENTER GE '&STRT_WRK' ;
WHERE WORKCENTER LE '&END_WRK' ;
-SKIPWRK;
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END
-RUN

8.201, Windows/Unix

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob

What is the webfocus error message number you are getting.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm getting a message telling me that there is an issue chaining the combobox to the customselect box.

8.201, Windows/Unix

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
No error number?

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There is just a yellow caution triangle and the message that there is a problem. I had gone thru all the options in the resolves area in the chain settings and still get the message. The only thing I can think of is that the value of the chained variable contains an alpha char, A0000, and we are using a GE and LE in the where. I can get it to work using integers but not alpha chars.

8.201, Windows/Unix

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Bob

If this is still an issue please open a case with techsupport if you haven't already.