Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Any CA-Datacom WebFOCUS shops?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Any CA-Datacom WebFOCUS shops?
 Login/Join

<MikeR>
posted
We are relatively new to WebFOCUS and are trying to use it to access CA-Datacom databases. For the most part it works fine, but every once in awhile we get results that aren't quite right (usually when we try to JOIN tables).

Are there any other CA-Datacom users out there who might be willing to help us over the rough spots?

Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
Hey Mike.

I was speaking to the Product Manager about this and she was curious as to what exactly your rough spots are - can you get more specific? That will be a start.

Next step - she also requested master files and the actual request so that we can try in-house. For that stuff, we can take it "offline" and e-mail separate from the forum if you'd like.

Thanks!

Monica

Report This Post
<MikeR>
posted
Hi Monica,

Thanks for the interest. I gave up checking this forum since I wasn't getting any responses.

Our main problem seems to lie in relating massive Datacom files with packed keys. If you have access to open cases, case # 92011082 shows our most current problem.

I asked a question in the Forum a few months ago about relating files, and the responses I got were interesting, but they didn't apply when relating 3 tables with 6,000,000 / 5,000,000 / 26,000,000 records.

In order to get around the problem I tried to relate the first 2 files and then write the results to a Hold file to then relate to the third file, but either the fact that we're using Datacom or packed keys precludes this from working.

If you would like to take this offline, please email me at mrasmussen@ameritas.com

Thanks.

Mike R

Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
Ok, Mike.

This is just to confirm that I read your below post and am working on getting the right person to contact you. Expect to hear from me via private message over the next week.

Thanks,

Monica

Report This Post