Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] FOC295 error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] FOC295 error
 Login/Join

posted
this code:
-* HEADER RECORD DEFINITION
-* RECORD TYPE [3] 000 = HEADER RECORD & FILLER FOR [25] SPACES
-SET &REC_TYPE = '000 ';
-* HEADER TEXT [20] MUSE BE:GE STUDENT SUBMITTAL FOR SUBMITTAL BATCHES
-SET &HDR_TXT = 'GE STUDENT SUBMITTAL';

-* PUT THE HEADER REC TOGETHER
-* THIS LINE GENERATES AN ERROR, BUT APPEARS TPO WORK
-SET &HDR_REC = &REC_TYPE|&HDR_TXT;

-EXIT

generates this output/error:

-* HEADER RECORD DEFINITION
-* RECORD TYPE [3] 000 = HEADER RECORD & FILLER FOR [25] SPACES
-SET &REC_TYPE = '000 ';
-* HEADER TEXT [20] MUSE BE:GE STUDENT SUBMITTAL FOR SUBMITTAL BATCHES
-SET &HDR_TXT = 'GE STUDENT SUBMITTAL';
-* PUT THE HEADER REC TOGETHER
-* THIS LINE GENERATES AN ERROR, BUT APPEARS TPO WORK
-SET &HDR_REC = 000 GE STUDENT SUBMITTAL;
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 5 IN PROCEDURE mrheaderFOCEXEC *
(FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: &REC_TYPE&HDR_TXT

and I have no idea why.

T^here are more fields I will need to concatenate to complete this record, but I always get an error when trying to concatenate a second amper variable. Is there a trick to combining two amper variables?

thx

Al

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)

<FreSte>
posted
Try this:

-SET &HDR_REC = '&REC_TYPE.EVAL&HDR_TXT.EVAL';

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Separate the Dialogue Manager variables with a single or double dot. I cannot remember whether you need just one or two dots.

&VAR1.&VAR2 or &VAR1..&VAR2

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
The code also works if you put a space before and after the pipe:

-SET &HDR_REC = &REC_TYPE | &HDR_TXT;

WebFOCUS 7.6, 7.7
Windows, All Output formats

Posts: 90 | Location: Stuttgart | Registered: October 20, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
From my ever diminishing memory....

The concatenate without spaces used to work, pre dinosaurs.

Another case of code tightening ?

The two options that will work have been shown.

If you use a period, this indexes the variable, a double allows the two variable to be side by side without space between. This is used in -TYPE, -WRITE, DEFINEs and COMPUTEs, etc

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Waz, Thanks for the clarification. Obviously I have a diminishing memory as well since I could not remember whether it was one or two dots. Smiler

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thank Gerry for Focal Point, my backup memory.

Perhaps one day there will be an app for my phone. Smiler

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Or perhaps we just need to have a phone for the current apps to run Big Grin At least I know I will eventually have to update mine Roll Eyes

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Every once in while the single contcat without spaces on either side would throw a "illegal use of GOTO" Once I figured out the cause of this message, I guessed it was coming from "deep down in the FORTRAN" never bothered to ask for confirmation from IBI.

Thinking about FORTRAN and WebFocus gives a hint how long I have been using (Web)Focus. The source code was been done in "C" for years and years.

Jim Morrow
Web Focus 7.6.10 under Windows 2003
MVS 7.3.3

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jim, I'm almost afraid to ask how long....

There are quite a few long timers on the forum.

I wonder how many years of experience are on the forum ??

Smiler

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I would dare to say that, at a minimum, EXPERIENCE/I4 would be required to represent that ... no?

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Lucklily an I4 is stored internally as a 4 byte integer, lots of space for a large number of years.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984