Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Images .gif not displaying on the report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Images .gif not displaying on the report
 Login/Join

<Vipul>
posted
I have a weird problem. When I run my reports from DevStudio the images (in the same directory) are displayed but when I run the reports from the reporting server (images in the same directory) they are not displayed. The report comes up though. Any insights???

Vipul

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Have you checked the case of the image filenames? I've been burned before (independent of WebFOCUS) with filenames that were mixed case. My local Win2K machine doesn't care about the case of the filename but my Unix Web server machine does.

So if the actual filename is Picture1.gif and the image reference is img src="picture1.gif" this works fine when viewed locally but fails on the unix web server because it can't find the file (mixed case file name).

Also, have you tried an explicit, rather than relative image reference? E.g., instead of img src="test1.gif" using img src="http://webserverurl/imagesfolder/test1.gif" (where "webserverurl" is your web server's domain name and "imagesfolder" is whatever folder the image is located in)? Is the behavior any different?

-Chris

Posts: 55 | Location: New York | Registered: March 07, 2003Report This Post
<Vipul>
posted
Thanks for the reply, the case in all cases is the same: Here is my unix directory content

-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 46438 Jul 15 09:32 Reports.zip
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 1220 Jul 15 09:40 btn_close_window.gif
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 808 Jul 15 09:40 close_black.gif
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 1362 Jul 15 09:40 close_blue.gif
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 1362 Jul 15 09:40 close_red.gif
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 33540 Jul 15 09:40 combo.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 845 Jul 15 09:40 imageposition.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 15421 Jul 15 09:40 pdchks.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 1432 Jul 15 09:40 setprmir.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 14992 Jul 15 09:40 style02ir.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 14968 Jul 15 09:40 stylev01ir.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 29841 Jul 15 09:40 tmupcombo.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 15351 Jul 15 09:40 tmupdchks.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 4772 Jul 15 09:40 tmupfltr.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 16573 Jul 15 09:40 tmuplbdt.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 1195 Jul 15 09:40 tmupsqlcond1.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 jbferri tmup 19969 Jul 15 09:40 tmupwdtl.fex
$

And here is the snippet of my code

TYPE=REPORT,
IMAGE=btn_close_window.gif,
POSITION=(+5.000000 +0.000000),
ALT='Close Window',
JAVASCRIPT= closewin(),
$
I do not specify the path as both the program and the .gifs are in same directory. When I run in Dev Studio from this unix directory they display fine but when I run this thro either directly from webconsole or browser the image do not show.

Vipul

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
i would suggest SET BASEURL=http://servername/ibi/wherever. ...
and put the directory name where all the images are.
it can't hurt from devstudio
and it willhelp when you run from some other environment.
Put it at the top of your fex.
Its just like SET FOCEXURL=
at the top of fexes that get emailed.
It tells MSOutlook where to find that webfocus cgi that a drilldown is calling to.
Any help?

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a similar problem ...after upgrading from WebFOCUS 7.1.3 to 7.6.9, code that had mixed case filenames now gets an OPEN ERROR on the file.If I upper case it, it's fine. I just wondered if there was a way around having to change all coded filenames to upper case, since that would be extensive.