Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Combining Developer and Group Administration roles

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Combining Developer and Group Administration roles
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have a situation where I need to be able to assign users a role that gives them the administration rights of the MR Group Authorization Manager, but also the priveleges of the Developer Role. Has anyone come across a way to customize the roles like that? Has anyone else had a need to do something similar and handled it a different way?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eric.woerle,

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think I have both functions combined in my role. I can do everything.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Frank,

I think you gave just the nudge I needed to see the piece I was missing. Thanks. I can set the User as a developer, and then give them administration rights to specific groups. Problem solved. When I was looking at adjusting settings like that, I was only looking at giving admin rights on the domain, but you can't do that for the developer like you do for the user. This will work fine. Now how to figure out how to get webfocus to handle duplicate user IDs... Any Suggestions on that?

Eric

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Why would you give out duplicate user ids. That won't work. We use the user ids for all logins. Single signe on.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I know! It sounds silly! Users are supposed to be unique right?! How would you know which password to validate against if they aren't unique? Well in my case they won't be. My user base is stored in LDAP where the User IDs are unique by Group. This presents the situation that I could have JDOEuser in Group A and another JDOEuser in Group B. We are also using SSO so I have to utilize those IDs. I can't create my own.

We have the users for WebFOCUS stored in an RDBMS. My current thought is to create another key in the table for group so my unique records would be based on User and Group(Not to be confused with a WebFOCUS group). From there I should be able to adjust the SQL statements to select users based on that key. I still have the problem though of how to get the group value into a variable that I can pass. And then, once I have that, how do I pass it to the SQL Statements. Any thoughts?

Eric

Eric Woerle
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2