Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] AppStudio js for multiple dropdownbox

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] AppStudio js for multiple dropdownbox
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello all,
may be somebody faced with js problems for multiple dropdown boxes?
I have quite complicated logic in HTML composer code for dropdown box with attribute multiple. And I have to analyze type of controls, get attribute values or use following constructions:

text_val = frame.getElementById("lst_name").value
, where

frame = document.getElementById(frame_id).contentwindow.document.

(for parameter screen I have to use tabs and frame for second tab runs other html page with controls).
Html source was created in Developer studio and works fine, but if save it in App studio (8.0.2.3), the most of js code becomes unworkable for this control(for text or select-one controls such code works fine). for some cases I can use IbComposer functions (for example, .value could be replaced with IbComposer_getCurrentSelection function), but not in case of calling from other source or analyze of type or attribute values.
Could you, please, help me? Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.8, 8.2.0.3
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
So, that's what you've done... And it doesn't work... that beckons the question: What is it that you are attempting to do (Specs)?

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Isn't it obvious Doug? He is trying to figure out how to bake a cake. Really...

Oly,

If you are trying to get a multi-select drilldown working, you just need to ensure your WHERE statement in your procedure supports multi-select controls by using the OR syntax:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY
      CAR
      MODEL
WHERE CAR EQ &CAR.(OR(FIND CAR IN CAR)).CAR.;
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

Then, ensure the listbox or dropdown control multiple property is set to true or enabled.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Obvious: IDK...
JS: is there a need for JS to do this?...
Cake: I Like Cake...
"ensure your WHERE statement in your procedure supports multi-select": Fine.

I created a parser (fex) in a few cases to loop thru the incoming variable from an 'edit' control where the user would separate their criteria with commas (EX: commsc%,%USA%,%tech% ) and create the complete WHERE statement within that loop: WHERE THISFIELD LIKE 'COMMSC%' OR '%USA%' OR 'TECH%'. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hello Guys,
thank you for your answers, but as far as I understand in App Studio we have HTMLDivElement objects for dropdownboxes with switched on attributes Multiple. Before it was HTMLSelectElemenet for multiple and for single. And from now javascripting for such controls should be changed, because a lot of object's properties are not working.Frowner

Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Is your version 8.2.03 or 8.0xxx?

Most of my controls created in Dev Studio 8.0xx need recreating in App Studio 8.1xx. A few more need recreating from App Studio 8.1xx to app Studio 8.2xx.

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 - Production
WebFOCUS 8.2.04 - Sand Box
Windows 2012 R2 Server
HTML, PDF, Excel
In FOCUS since 1980

Posts: 115 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: April 07, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hello Michael, I do migration from 8008 to 8203. Yes, I do recreation for some cases, but dropdownboxes with multiple attribute literally kill me.

Windows, All Outputs