Focal Point
[NFR] Save / Use Selections

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2257026886

December 12, 2017, 11:21 AM
Doug
[NFR] Save / Use Selections
I like the "Save Selection" button / functionality in the HTML Composer which is explained here.

However, where's the "Use Selection" button, what piece of this puzzle am I missing? That is to say that it's easy to save the selections but how would a user access a list of their saved selections and use one of them?

Thanks in Advance, Doug

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
December 12, 2017, 02:19 PM
TexasStingray
You can use a portal page with a resource tree on the left with a target of a panel on the right. Tell the users exactly where to have there selection which is under the resource tree in the left panel this way the will show up in the portal easy for them to find. You can create a folder something like "Saved" and give them access to it.

Scott

Thanks TS, We'll probably start with that. But, 2 things:

1) Our real estate is tight on that, KPI, page.
2) IMHO, there should be a counter-part to the 'Save Selections', such as 'Use Selections'
 Ā a) The 'Save Selections' should accommodate the functionality as used in IA where the user saves their report in a 'My Content' folder.

All-in-all, we're getting there with NFRs such as the one I'll submit with a reference to this.

However, in the meantime, I'm still open to more suggestions.

Smiler Doug
I may be wrong, but my recollection is that the "save selections" essentially created a focexec within the users own folder that consisted of a set of -SET syntax followed by an -INCLUDE of the relevant focexec.

Have you checked these folders?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
Thanks Tony,

The results that I'm getting now is that it's creating an HTML Page, named by the user such as 'Dougs_Selections' in the directory where the portal page resides. In our case it's the xxx/KPIs folder (not where we want the users to save stuff). However, once there, the user, or anyone with access to see and run it, can run it and it will open just that html page with the preset values. That's great.

I think that it should do as mentioned in item 2 of my Dec 13 2017 09:43 post. I'm just saying... Roll Eyes

PS: Someday I'll be a 'POW'!
This is associated with This Post.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206