Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] PPTX Blank Formatted Text Boxes

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] PPTX Blank Formatted Text Boxes
 Login/Join

posted
I am working on a compound PPTX report that contains multiple pages, graphs, tables, etc...

I also need to add a blank table (with font background colors) and a blank text box for some of the pages for user input (Some of the data that needs to be on this report cannot be automated and has to be put in manually by other departments).

Is there a way to do this?

If there isn't, can someone point me to a good guide on how to use PPTX templates? I tried making a simple blank template with both new .potx and the old .pot file types. Trying to upload them to EDASERVE failed as WebFOCUS said neither .potx nor .pot are supported file types.

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.9
Windows 7

Posts: 4 | Location: Brampton | Registered: March 18, 2016Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Konstantin,

Welcome to Focal Point.

The following are a few links that should provide you with the information you are looking for. At least get you started.

Using PowerPoint Templates

Using PowerPoint Output Format and PowerPoint Templates

We also ask that you update the subject line with keywords to help all Focal Pointers communicate and find information a little easier.

Tag your topic with keywords

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator - Information Builders Inc.
* Summit 2016 – June 13-17 in Reno, Nevada  - http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/summit

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply Tamra, unfortunately those links provide no help to creating PowerPoint templates or PowerPoint reports from a template.

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.9
Windows 7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You should be able to create a multi page document using InfoAssist. For those slides that require space for user notes, you can insert a Text Box and style it anyway you want. To add a new page (slide) click the drop down all the way to the right of the Document where it says Page 1. You can add New Page and insert whatever you require. Below is a very rough draft of something like that.

ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
SET PAGE-NUM=NOLEAD
SET EMPTYREPORT=ON

COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PPTX
SECTION=Section_1, LAYOUT=ON, PAGESIZE=LETTER, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, SHOW_GLOBALFILTER=OFF, $
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Page 1', TEXT='Page 1', LEFTMARGIN=0.25, RIGHTMARGIN=0.25, TOPMARGIN=0.25, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.25, $
OBJECT=STRING, NAME=Text_1, POSITION=(1.041666 0.604166), MARKUP=ON, TEXT='<left><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font color=#424649>ENTER DATA LINE 1:</font></font><left><BR><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font color=#424649><BR></font></font><left><BR><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font color=#424649>ENTER DATA LINE 2:</font></font><left><BR><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font color=#424649><BR></font></font><left><BR><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font color=#424649>ENTER DATA LINE 3:</font></font>', FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=12, COLOR=RGB(0 0 0), WRAP=ON, DIMENSION=(6.65625 3.625), $
COMPONENT=dummyReportName1, TYPE=REPORT, POSITION=(0 0), DIMENSION=(0 0), $
PAGELAYOUT=2, NAME='Page 2', TEXT='Page 2', LEFTMARGIN=0.25, RIGHTMARGIN=0.25, TOPMARGIN=0.25, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.25, $
COMPONENT=Table_1, COMPONENT-TYPE=REPORT, POSITION=(1.041666 1.041666), DIMENSION=(* *), ARREPORTSIZE=DIMENSION, METADATA='VERSION:1.0;WIDTH:4.0;HEIGHT:3.0;LEFT:1.041666;TOP:1.041666', $
PAGELAYOUT=3, NAME='Page 3', TEXT='Page 3', LEFTMARGIN=0.25, RIGHTMARGIN=0.25, TOPMARGIN=0.25, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.25, $
OBJECT=STRING, NAME=Text_2, POSITION=(0.5 1.0), MARKUP=ON, TEXT='<left><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font color=#424649>Annotation:</font></font>', FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=12, COLOR=RGB(0 0 0), WRAP=ON, DIMENSION=(6.645833 1.666666), $
COMPONENT=dummyReportName2, TYPE=REPORT, POSITION=(0 0), DIMENSION=(0 0), $
END

SET COMPONENT=dummyReportName1
TABLE FILE SYSCOLUM
" "
SUM TBNAME NOPRINT
IF READLIMIT EQ 1
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET EMPTYREPORT ON
ON TABLE SET PREVIEW 10
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
END
SET COMPONENT=Table_1
-*component_type report
-DEFAULTH &WF_SUMMARY='Summary';
-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST
CAR.BODY.RETAIL_COST
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY CAR.COMP.CAR

ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET SQUEEZE ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT='Report2', SUMMARY=&WF_SUMMARY.QUOTEDSTRING, $
ENDSTYLE
END

SET COMPONENT=dummyReportName2
TABLE FILE SYSCOLUM
" "
SUM TBNAME NOPRINT
IF READLIMIT EQ 1
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET PREVIEW 10
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
END
COMPOUND END

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you BabakNYC, I have tried that. The question is not about creating labels. I can do that easily enough.

What I am looking to do is create blank text boxes in PowerPoint that are in the correct location, have a specific font type and size pre-set, the text area being set to automatically expand with text, etc... So that all the user needs to do is click within this text area and put in their content.

I was able to find no way to do it with FOCUS code, so I think the only way to do it is to use a PowerPoint template and output the report using this template. But I cannot find any documentation on using PowerPoint templates with WebFOCUS.

Hopefully that clarifies my question.

Once again, thank you.

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.9
Windows 7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It appears in the Text Box Font color and size are maintained in PPTX but the size of the box is a different story. Sorry I've never used the template feature.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Konstantin,

The following is a better resource for applying PPT templates to WebFOCUS reports. The other links in my previous update were HTML related - sorry about that.

Here is the link to the PPT Template information within the Reporting Manual. Examples of code are also included.
Your TEXT box will need to be added into the template somehow and then the template added to the report.

Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language

Page: 679 - 684

Here are few other links that might be helpful for adapting PPT template to the report.

Here are steps for adding a template using AppStudio
How to get multiple reports on 1 slide via PPT Template

This links talks about adding items to the master slide within the template that is used by the WebFOCUS report.

Can Power Point Templates respecting timings in WebFOCUS?

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
* Summit 2016 – June 13-17 in Reno, Nevada  - http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/summit

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tamra:
Konstantin,

The following is a better resource for applying PPT templates to WebFOCUS reports. The other links in my previous update were HTML related - sorry about that.

Here is the link to the PPT Template information within the Reporting Manual. Examples of code are also included.
Your TEXT box will need to be added into the template somehow and then the template added to the report.

Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language

Page: 679 - 684

Here are few other links that might be helpful for adapting PPT template to the report.

Here are steps for adding a template using AppStudio
How to get multiple reports on 1 slide via PPT Template

This links talks about adding items to the master slide within the template that is used by the WebFOCUS report.

Can Power Point Templates respecting timings in WebFOCUS?

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo

Thank you Tamra, this helped me solve my issues.

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.9
Windows 7