Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Order of bars in a graph

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Order of bars in a graph
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I need the order of the bars to be from lowest retail_cost to highest retail_cost and not sorted by country name. The graph is needed in the same format just a diffenent sort order.

GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM RETAIL_COST
ACROSS COUNTRY
END

WF 8 version 8.2.04. Windows.
In focus since 1990.

Posts: 189 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM RETAIL_COST
ACROSS COUNTRY
COLUMNS 'ENGLAND' AND 'FRANCE' AND 'ITALY' AND 'BURKINA FASO'
END

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
susannah,

that works for the car file but i will not know what columns will be showing on my real report. the real report is the top 10 customers base on sales $.

In focus since 1990.

Expert
posted Hide Post
then you gotta do a little work to earn your paycheck.
figure out the top 10 in a fex paragraph BEFORE the GRAPH FILE paragraph, and write your COLUMNS line dynamically.
TABLE FILE CAR
BY HIGHEST TOTAL SALES NOPRINT BY COUNTRY ON TABLE SAVE AS MYCOUNTRY
END
-RUN
-SET &HOWMANY = &LINES;
-SET &KOUNTER = 0 ;
GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM RETAIL_COST ACROSS COUNTRY
COLUMNS
-REPEAT end.loop &HOWMANY TIMES
-SET &KOUNTER = &KOUNTER +1 ;
-READ MYCOUNTRY NOCLOSE &COUNTRY.A10
-SET &THING = IF &KOUNTER NE &HOWMANY THEN '''' | &COUNTRY || '''' | ' AND '
- ELSE '''' | &COUNTRY | '''' ;
&THING.EVAL
-end.loop
END
-* make SURE you put a space after the word COLUMNS
I think, if i recall correctly, that NOPRINT won't work in GRAPH FILE
so ACROSS someSalesRank NOPRINT ACROSS COUNTRY
won't work although it would seem the obvious thing for TABLE FILE. so that's why you have to jump thru this hoop. but its easy enough. I think T taught me this, or Francis, some years ago when i had the same issue.

Merry Christmas...i'm so outa here!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
thank you susannah.

In focus since 1990.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I thank the Susannah from this date:
quote:
December 20, 2006 06:44 PM
It just helped me on 9/20/2013... LOL In regards to how to sort by the columns. Your example worked like a charm with my graph!

Currenly working @ Learning Circle Education Services
Previously worked @ Nationwide Insurance
Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Test: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Posts: 125 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: March 31, 2006Report This Post