Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Adding Text in Banner in 8204 Portal

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Adding Text in Banner in 8204 Portal
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
FocalPoint Community,

My question today is this: Is the method I used below in my previous 8.1.05 environment still the best course of action for my 8.2.04 portal? I need to keep the text and image in the banner responsive, and I need the banner to be clickable.

Earlier, I brought in an html file (created in 8.1.05 according to the instructions below), but it did not seem to be responsive.

So, I picked apart the components. My supervisor put the logo by itself in an image. I brought that in. Then, we back-filled the banner to the color we wanted. Next, I attempted to insert a text panel on the banner, but the designer does not seem to be allowing me to change font size, color.

I'm wondering if I need to rebuild the html file in 8204 as a responsive html file with the appropriate image/text combination on it for use in the portal.

I found another older post that two or three users indicated that's what they had done with logos and texts in 8105 because they were having trouble with the sizing, justification, etc. of text in the banner. Thoughts?

Again, I've placed the instructions I followed in 8.1.05 below for others to see.

Here's a technique to accomplish this in 8.105:

In App Studio's HTML composer, Insert the logo or image you want to use flush to the top left corner of the page.
Click Requests & Data Sources and create a URL request with the url you'd like to open when user clicks the image.
Click Tasks and Animations and add a task that'll call the request you created above when the image is clicked.

When you run this html, you'll get a clickable image which goes to the url. To add this to the Portal.
Edit Portal.
Remove the image (if you already have one).
Insert a Panel Container into the Banner and have it launch the html file you created above. Also, Hide Title Bar for this panel.
Now all you have is the logo that will let you hyperlink to the url.
This message has been edited. Last edited by: BabakNYC, January 15, 2016 07:43 AM  

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Posts: 191 | Registered: September 18, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Julie

I apologize I missed that no one has answered this. I hope you opened a case with techsupport and have resolved this issue.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post