Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     turn off a drill down link

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
turn off a drill down link
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I have built a drill down that links to an excel file. The file changes every day. However, on some days the file does not exist and I need to turn off the link. (I get the http 404 error).

I do not have direct access to the actual file since not on a server I can reah directly.

How can I turn off the link when the file is not there?

Fernando

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03

Expert
posted Hide Post
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
"The file changes every day. However, on some days the file does not exist "

can you just make the file empty insted of deleting it?

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Check this

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
JasonK...if its a FOCUS file,
then
CREATE FILE filename NEW
should do the trick for you.
give it a whirl.

Fernando, here's the way i do it.
the STATE command gives a return code of 0 if its there and i-forget-what-but-not-0 if its NOT there...
CMD STATE d:\...\myfile.xls
-RUN
-SET &comment = IF &RETCODE IS 0 THEN ' ' ELSE '-*';
...now in my fex...
&comment.EVAL TYPE=DATA,COLUMN=FRED,FOCEXEC=fexanme(..),$

so the comment is blank if all is well.
and the comment is -* if all is not well.

works for me...
give it a try.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Since Fernando "does not have direct access to the actual file since it's not on a server he can reach directly" how can any of this work?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
hmmm.
all i can think of is
FILEDEF thatfile DISK \\servername\drive\dir\thatfile.xls
before the STATE bits.
If \\servername isn't on his network, then telepathy might work.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Is the Excel file in the drill down created in a focexec? If it is add "ON TABLE SET EMPTYREPORT ON" and it will create an empty spreadsheet with nothing but the headings. If it is created some other way there are usually server commands that you can check to see if it exists, what operating system are you on?

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post