Focal Point
[SOLVED] Report caster configurations

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2287056486

November 21, 2016, 01:39 PM
Riya
[SOLVED] Report caster configurations
Hi,

We just migrated to WebFocus 8 and I have a question about security settings to view the report caster jobs for developers. Do they need admin rights to view the jobs in caster? Is there a setting or profile that gives access to developers to view the jobs, parameters etc and not give permission to change them?

Please let me know If its possible for developers to have access to view and not edit the caster jobs. The manager is shown only for a user with admin access?

Thanks in advance.
RK

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Excel, PDF, Pivot, HTML
Windows
November 28, 2016, 08:23 AM
Tamra
Riya,

ReportCaster tool is controlled by the Client security authorization model. For more
information, see the WebFOCUS Security and Administration manual.

Access to each of the ReportCaster tools is controlled by a WebFOCUS security operation. This
enables administrators to control the users who are authorized to access ReportCaster to perform
the following operations.

The main documentation is - Welcome to WebFOCUS Release 8.1 Version 05M Technical Library

Click on the "+" to find further documents such as the Security and Administration manual as well as documentation for Report Caster.

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,

Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5
November 28, 2016, 09:28 AM
Avinash
quote:
Please let me know If its possible for developers to have access to view and not edit the caster jobs.

Hi Riya,

You can set security of Report Caster form
- Security Center -> Roles Tab -> Domain Developer

See the all rules and set as per requirement.

Thanks!
@vi

WebFOCUS 8105, Dev Studio 8105, Windows 7, ALL Outputs