Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] how to add font to WebFOCUS?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] how to add font to WebFOCUS?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

I notice WebFOCUS didn't get all font from Microsoft OS, so I assume WebFOCUS have their own font page and I want try to add addition font for my Graph. is there a way to import into WebFOCUS so when I "Edit" the graph can select the font as I imported. or is there another way should be doing this?
(By the way, my graph was create by IA)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nox,

WebFOCUS v8.2.06 , Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nox

In this manual https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...fs7/wf8207crlang.pdf in chapter 9 is the only reference I can find for adding fonts but it is specific to PDF output not graphs. You may need to open a case with techsupport.

Which font are you wanting to use?

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
For a chart (JSCHART), you should be able to use a CSS files pointing to any web fonts available on the internet (IF you purchase them or they are free, copy them locally).

Then use SET CSSURL to point to the file, and stylesheet to point to the font in the chart.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chunk,

Thanks for the reply, the one what I try add is Microsoft JhengHei it is used for Chinese character.

Hi Waz,

I'll try your suggestion, but better if you can provide a sample code maybe?

Many thanks

Expert
posted Hide Post
Try googling css and web and fonts

e.g.
css3 fonts

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Waz,

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Waz,

I mean would be nice if have sample code in WebFOCUS's Graph XD

I try following and it DID NOT work:

ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET CSSURL 'C:\Users\Nox\Documents\Microsoft JhengHei_font\font\font.css'
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRWIDTH 1
ON GRAPH SET UNITS &WF_STYLE_UNITS
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS &WF_STYLE_WIDTH
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH BAR
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT

setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0);
setPlace(true);
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false);

*END
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT=&WF_TITLE.QUOTEDSTRING, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, FONT='Microsoft JhengHei', BUCKET=color, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, FONT='Microsoft JhengHei', BUCKET=x-axis, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N3, FONT='Microsoft JhengHei', BUCKET=y-axis, $

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi nox,

Can you post an an example with what you have in the post above. Make sure its using the IBI sample data.

I can have a look at what its doing.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Waz,

I get the similar idea from this discussion:

http://forums.informationbuild...1057331/m/1517040196

and try understand how to customize 'font' in this page as well:

https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...ootTitleLabel230.htm

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you all, I figure out by creating own Style(.Sty) and Include as that .Sty file.