Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Display Report Data Horizontally

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Display Report Data Horizontally
 Login/Join

posted
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to display a bar chart with a report below the chart representing the same information.

For now I am combining the two fex files (one for chart and the other for report) for the required display.

My requirement is to display the cash/amount across dates.

I want the report horizontally i.e; column 1 should have Date and Cash as Rows 1 and 2. the remaining columns should display the Dates and Respective Amount.

Looking for suggestions

Thanks,
Nihitha

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nihitha

I would suggest creating two separate fex files and creating a document and referencing them separately so you can place them the way you wish.
I am not sure I understand your horizontal report requirements. Can you post a sample of how you want the output to look

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nihitha

I hope someone else can help with this, I don't have a trick to put the labels to the left of the data...

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I don't know any setting that will allow you that.

Can accomplish with this

DEFINE FILE GGSALES
DTE/A10V = FPRINT(DATE, 'I8YYMD', 'A10V');
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM COMPUTE DOL /D8CM = DOLLARS; NOPRINT
    COMPUTE VAL /A15V = FPRINT(DOL, 'D8CM', 'A15V');
BY TOTAL COMPUTE COLID /I2 = 2;
BY DTE
WHERE DATE GT 19970101
ON TABLE HOLD AS DATAFIL
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM COMPUTE VAL /A15V = 'Cash';
BY TOTAL COMPUTE COLID /I2 = 1;
BY TOTAL COMPUTE DTE /A10V = 'Date';
BY CITY NOPRINT
WHERE READLIMIT   EQ 1;
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 1;
ON TABLE HOLD AS LABELFIL
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE LABELFIL
SUM VAL
BY COLID
BY DTE
ON TABLE HOLD AS RPTDATA
MORE
FILE DATAFIL
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE RPTDATA
SUM VAL AS ''
ACROSS COLID NOPRINT
ACROSS DTE AS ''
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
END
-RUN

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
You could use the ACROSSTITLE setting like this:

DEFINE FILE ibisamp/ggsales
 Cash/A9='Cash';
 END
 TABLE FILE ibisamp/ggsales
    SUM DOLLARS/P9M AS ''
     BY Cash        AS ''
 ACROSS DATE        AS 'Date'
 WHERE DATE GE 19970101
 ON TABLE SET ACROSSTITLE SIDE
 ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 TYPE=ACROSSTITLE, COLOR=BLUE,$
 TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=Cash, COLOR=BLUE,$
 END  

WebFOCUS 8.2.06

Posts: 210 | Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan | Registered: October 19, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Good One