Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] BYDISPLAY not working correctly

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] BYDISPLAY not working correctly
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Has anyone run into a case where SET BYDISPLAY ON is not working correctly? The report is actually created in InfoAssist and the Repeat Sort Value is selected which put the BYDISPLAY ON in the code. But I'm seeing in the output where the first column's data is not repeated if the compute column's data is the same as the row prior. It does this in both Excel and Active Report outputs.
I can't seem to replicate the issue with the CAR file.

Thanks for any thoughts. And yes, I know I will probably have to open a case. :/
I probably have to open a case but I thought I'd post here first.
Thanks,
Deb

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DWaybright,

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (production), 8.2.06 (testing)
AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 183 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 05, 2017Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Please, at least share your code

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Here you go. I appreciate your taking a look!

-*COMPONENT=Define_CLAIM_INFO_TABLE

ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
SET PAGE-NUM=NOLEAD
SET SQUEEZE=ON
-DEFAULTH &WF_HTMLENCODE=OFF;
SET HTMLENCODE=&WF_HTMLENCODE

SET HTMLCSS=ON
-DEFAULTH &WF_EMPTYREPORT=ON;
SET EMPTYREPORT=&WF_EMPTYREPORT

-DEFAULTH &WF_SUMMARY='Summary';
-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
TABLE FILE CLAIM_INFO_TABLE
SUM COMPUTE c_Cohort/A10V=IF LOSS_DATE GE '01012019' AND LOSS_DATE LE '06302019' THEN '2019 H1' ELSE IF LOSS_DATE GE '07012019' AND LOSS_DATE LE '12312019' THEN '2019 H2' ELSE IF LOSS_DATE GE '01012020' AND LOSS_DATE LE '06302020' THEN '2020 H1' ELSE IF LOSS_DATE GE '07012020' AND LOSS_DATE LE '12312020' THEN '2020 H2' ; AS 'Cohort'
RESERVE_AMOUNT/P13.2C
PAYMENT_AMOUNT/P33.2C AS 'Paid'
INCURRED_AMOUNT/P13.2C AS 'Incurred'
COMPUTE c_Incurred_Capped/D12.2C=IF INCURRED_AMOUNT GT 2500000 THEN 2500000 ELSE INCURRED_AMOUNT ; AS 'Incurred,(Capped $2.5M)'
BY TOTAL HIGHEST INCURRED_AMOUNT NOPRINT
BY CLAIM_GROUP
BY CLAIM_NUMBER
BY LOSS_DATE AS 'DOL'
BY NOTIFIED_DATE AS 'FNOL'
BY CLOSED_CLAIM_DATE AS 'Closed'
WHERE LOSS_DATE FROM '01012019' TO '06302019';
WHERE CLAIM_GROUP EQ 'Property';
WHERE CLOSED_CLAIM_DATE IS MISSING OR CLOSED_CLAIM_DATE GT '06302020';
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100
ON TABLE SET GRWIDTH 1
ON TABLE SET AUTOFIT OFF
ON TABLE SET BYDISPLAY ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Flat.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT=&WF_TITLE.QUOTEDSTRING, SUMMARY=&WF_SUMMARY.QUOTEDSTRING, LINES-PER-PAGE=UNLIMITED, ARGRAPHENGINE=JSCHART, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N3, JUSTIFY=CENTER, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N4, JUSTIFY=CENTER, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N5, JUSTIFY=CENTER, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N6, JUSTIFY=CENTER, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N7, JUSTIFY=CENTER, $
ENDSTYLE
END

-RUN

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I should probably also note that I don't think the compute field has anything to do with it. I noticed after my initial post that the first BY field is a NOPRINT and that's what is actually repeating when the first printed column doesn't repeat. However, removing NOPRINT doesn't change the output as far as the repeating value. It still doesn't repeat.

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently the BYDISPLAY doesn't work with BY TOTAL in the version we are on. It was corrected in 8.2.05 (we are still on 8.2.03).
Thanks to Toby for finding that.

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs