Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to add "%" percent sign to a PIE graph chart?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to add "%" percent sign to a PIE graph chart?
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello,

I have 2 problems.
I need to add the "%" percent sign to a graph chart; And need to get the exact value of the SUM of the ROW PERCENTAGE of my measure.
In trying to do so, I'm facing 2 problems. When I concatenate the "%" and the value I get a string which can not be graphed. And secondly, when I calcualte the ROW PERCENTAGE of the Measures, I get rounded value to the lowest.
Can any one give me feedback on this using this mock graph of the CAR Master File?

GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM RPCT.CAR.BODY.SALES 
ACROSS CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY 
HEADING
"SUM of Row-Percent of Sales By Country   "
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH PIEMULTI
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHEDIT SERVER
ON GRAPH SET BARNUMB ON
ON GRAPH SET 3D OFF
ON GRAPH SET VZERO ON
ON GRAPH SET GRID OFF
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT PNG
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *
ENDSTYLE
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
$
ENDSTYLE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Expert
posted Hide Post
Select "Percent Value", as shown here: http://www.thefamilee.net/FocalPoint/GrafPct.jpg Hope this helps...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestion Doug. But that doesn't work. Zeros are being displayed and no percent % sign is being shown.

Expert
posted Hide Post
We can do that in WebFOCUS... So, please post your code using an IB Sample file.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello,

I have 2 problems.
I need to add the "%" percent sign to a graph chart; And need to get the exact value of the SUM of the ROW PERCENTAGE of my measure.
In trying to do so, I'm facing 2 problems. When I concatenate the "%" and the value I get a string which can not be graphed. And secondly, when I calcualte the ROW PERCENTAGE of the Measures, I get rounded value to the lowest.
Can any one give me feedback on this using this mock graph of the CAR Master File?

GRAPH FILE CAR
SUM RPCT.CAR.BODY.SALES
ACROSS CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
HEADING
"SUM of Row-Percent of Sales By Country "
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH PIEMULTI
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHEDIT SERVER
ON GRAPH SET BARNUMB ON
ON GRAPH SET 3D OFF
ON GRAPH SET VZERO ON
ON GRAPH SET GRID OFF
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT PNG
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *
ENDSTYLE
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
$
ENDSTYLE
END

I'm sure it can be done. Can anyone help? I tried this on the sample : http://www.thefamilee.net/FocalPoint/GrafPct.jpg
But still no percent sign.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H8K,

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I figured what the problem was.
If the SHOW DATA VALUE in GRAPH SETTINGS is checked, it won't display any measures, just zeroes.
Thank you Doug.

[SOLVED][CLOSED]