Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     space at the end of a field using arial font

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
space at the end of a field using arial font
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have 2 fields being displayed on my report, one appears above the other. The first field we want single spaced, the second field is wrapped and they want a space between each pattern for the account. Previously there was a bug that forced both sections to have a space between each record (bug was because of the wrap). Now with the new release, it's fixed and I can force both sections to have the space by doing a skip-line, but the users would prefer single space with the first section and a space between each record in the 2nd section. The following is actually done with a single print and it works great(an IBI contractor wrote it). If this was a compound report, I would know how to fix it. I tried adding spaces to the end of the fee pattern field but because it's arial font, it shrinks to nothing and doesn't print the extra blank line between each record. If I add 'XXXXX' at the end instead of spaces, it does what I want. Is there a way to add a carriage control or tab characters or something to make the field bigger and not shrink upon printing? Thanks.

i.e.
linked account

fee pattern
charge this item to customer

charge managed loans assets

per asset charge and percentage of gross

Posts: 179 | Registered: November 10, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I would do this by doing conditional formatting based on the two section (top and bottom).

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Here an example:

SET BYDISPLAY = ON
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY CAR
COMPUTE RPT_SPLIT/A1 = '0';
ON TABLE HOLD AS H0 FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY CAR
COMPUTE RPT_SPLIT/A1 = '1';
ON TABLE HOLD AS H1 FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE H0
BY RPT_SPLIT
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
ON CAR SUBHEAD
" "
WHEN RPT_SPLIT EQ '1';
MORE
FILE H1
END
-RUN

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Pam, the way to trick html into printing spaces is to add the

character. however focus see an & and wants to prompt you. so you need to escape that &.
You enter
&|nbsp;
where that pipe character | escapes the &.
Quick little trick for headings, etc.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Code

-SET  ='&' | 'nbsp';

at the top of the fex. You can then freely use   in your -HTMLFORM section w/o problems.

Focus will treat it as a reference to an amper var, but it is nicely defined, with its value = its own name, so the substitution has no net effect.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Jack,

that should be like this I think.

-SET *nbsp = '&' | 'nbsp';
TABLE FILE CAR
"*nbsp*nbsp*nbsp*nbsp TEST"
BY COUNTRY
END

will put the heading a few characters to the right. NB. I've replaced the & with * to have it displayed.

Posts: 319 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: February 04, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I wrote &nbsp, but the Forum genii transformed it into a (non-breaking) space.

Note that the right hand side of -SET is an expression, whereas the RHS of -DEFAULT is a literal. Thus you should be able to code

-DEFAULT &nbsp=&nbsp

, without the vertical bar. But I have not tested that; and it might not work under MRE (whose preparser marches to a somewhat different tune).

One important advantage of coding &nbsp (i.e., avoiding &|nbsp) in the body of your htm code is that it is transportable as-is between the inline and file-reference forms of -HTMLFORM.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
<JG>
posted
In MRE you need to prefix the line with -MRNOEDIT
That way the pre-parser will not try to interpret it.

Report This Post