Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WebFocus Active Charts not showing "Export to" in IE 11

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] WebFocus Active Charts not showing "Export to" in IE 11
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,
New to IBI and using Webfocus 8.0.
Tried creating Active Chart but for some reason its missing Export to (Excel, PPT, Word) in IE 11.
Is it a known issue with IE11 or am I missing a code to enable "Export To" feature for the Active Charts.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Posts: 167 | Location: Montreal | Registered: September 23, 2014Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I can't comment on Active Charts, since we don't use them, but IE 11 is another disaster from Microsoft, and it's even bundled with Windoze 8.1 such that rolling back to an earlier version is impossible. Someimes you wonder what they are thinking in Redmond ...

I've given up and use Chrome almost exclusively.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I tried it in Chrome and it doesn't seem to work there either. Very strange. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
All I am trying to do is create a simple HTML Active Report with couple of fields. I am able to create a chart off the results but I don't see the export option. I see the export option when I run it in the Dev Studio. Both IE11 and Chrome showing the same behavior. IE10 seems to be working fine.

Here is my Code

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
MODEL
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
LINES-PER-PAGE=20,
ARGRAPHENGINE=JSCHART,
ALLOW-TOOLS=OFF,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Posts: 167 | Location: Montreal | Registered: September 23, 2014Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Try ALLOW-EXPORT=ON. Perhaps it needs some encouragement.

There is a bug with Active Reports in IE9 - if you have more than one Active Report on an HTML page (in separate tabs of a tab control, for instance), only the first visible one shows up, the report in another tab shows as loading, but never loads. - This is WF 8.0.08 behaviour. In WF 7.7.05, both reports do appear, though only the first one has the FREEZE-COLUMN option - it's not available in the second report. Apparently works in IE10.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Works fine in IE11:

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Francis.
I tried Allow Export didn't work.

@Tom, I see the Export. But once I create Chart I cannot see the Export (Excel, Word, PPT).

Thanks

Expert
posted Hide Post
I now see what you are looking for. Per IBI Browser Support, should work in IE11, works in IE8. Guess that's why I haven't upgraded...

Works in IE8:

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
This is the bug in WebFocus 8. Already I have reported this issue and it is in the Product Division. Even this is not working with WebFocus 8.0.0.9 version. IBI able to reproduce this issue on their environment. They are working on a fix for us. As soon as I hear from them, I will update you. I would recommend open a case with IBI and mention that already a case opened regarding this for different customer. That way we can get the fix soon.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Now try this code. I added a dummy variable and now I see the Export under charts. I don't use this variable anywhere so the problem now is that I have to enter the value for the variable every time I run the report.
Not sure why would IE11 behave differently in this case.

----

DEFAULT &DUMMY EQ 10;
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
MODEL
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET WEBVIEWER ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
LINES-PER-PAGE=20,
ARGRAPHENGINE=JSCHART,
ALLOW-TOOLS=OFF,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
DEFAULT &DUMMY EQ 10;

Should be:
-DEFAULT &DUMMY = 10

And uncheck properties "Prompt for parameters", is that better ?

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
-DEFAULT &DUMMY = 10

Hi,
Thanks for the correction..it was a typo.
But when I uncheck properties "Prompt for Parameters" , I loose the "Export" feature in Charts Frowner. Basically, back to the same problem.

WebFOCUS 8202M