Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Format HTML in 7.1.1

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Format HTML in 7.1.1
 Login/Join

posted
We have FOCUS 7.1.1 at our site. I know that we can create HTML files using FOCUS 7.1.1 and then ftp them to some unix box so that it can be displayed on any portal. But the HTML file that we can create by using command "ON TABLE SAVE AS <FILENAME> FORMAT HTML" is too crude in looks. Is there a way we can set any font or color to this HTML?

Once again FOCUS version is 7.1.1

Thanks.

Posts: 15 | Location: Third Rock from Sun | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You use WebFOCUS stylesheets to style your reports. Check the manual, I'm sure styling is available for Mainframe FOCUS 7.1.1

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Stylesheets are available to you, but your font options are pretty limited in 7.1.1. I'd suggest you work with things like font size (stick with 8, 10, and 12) and colors (BLACK, WHITE, GREEN, RED, BLUE, MAROON, OLIVE, PURPLE, NAVY, YELLOW, TEAL, GRAY, SILVER, LIME, FUCHSIA, AQUA). Here is a code snippet that I copy in to a TABLE request when I want to create a HTML file:
HEADING
"REPORT HEADING GOES HERE"
FOOTING
"CREATED BY ME "
"FOCEXEC NAME"
ON TABLE SET LINES 999999
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOPAGE
ON TABLE HOLD AS FRED FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE = REPORT, GRID = ON,$
TYPE = HEADING, STYLE=BOLD, HEADALIGN=INTERNAL,$
TYPE = HEADING, LINE=1, COLSPAN=6,$
TYPE = TITLE, SIZE=10, STYLE=BOLD,$
TYPE = FOOTING, SIZE=8, COLOR=GREEN, HEADALIGN=INTERNAL,$
TYPE = FOOTING, LINE=1, OBJECT=TEXT, COLSPAN=6,$
TYPE = FOOTING, LINE=2, OBJECT=TEXT, COLSPAN=6,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Gotchas:
Spot markers!-- FOCUS formats your report as a HTML table. The position on the "line" is a cell, not a character count.
Page Breaks-- see the SET LINES and SET PAGE lines above; they eliminate page breaks
Non-printing sort fields-- you may want to put your BY fields on the PRINT/SUM line and NOPRINT them on the BY lines.

Tips:
COLOR = the data, BACKCOLOR = the cell.
Understand the Stylesheet hierarchy (if you can!).

Final Thoughts:
This is the basic format I use when I create a HTML file that will be viewed with Excel. It may not look as good in a browser.
If you have a SMTP server running on your mainframe, you can have FOCUS email the HTML file as an attachment. I just put a .xls extension on the attachment name and Excel does the rest.

Posts: 34 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: June 10, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Jeff,
Thanks a bunch for your guidance. I was able to do a lot with the piece of code you gave. Got a few questions -
1) Can we specify the background color for the HTML page?
2) What are the different fonts available in 7.1.1?

Thanks again,
Gaurav

Posts: 15 | Location: Third Rock from Sun | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
<DocServices>
posted
Hi,

This is from the FOCUS for S/390 Creating Reports 7.1 manual (DN1001056.1100):

COURIER is the default. Other fonts available in the font metrics files supplied with FOCUS are HELVETICA, Avant Garde Gothic, BOOKMAN, HELVETICA NARROW, NEW CENTURY SCHOOLBOOK, PALATINO, and TIMES.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Jennifer

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Thanks for the font list...I was able to figure out how to give background color

TYPE = REPORT, BACKCOLOR=BLUE,$

This paints the background.

posted Hide Post
Hi,
I got one more question.
Can we color the GRID and define its line styles etc? I tried using BORDER command in FOCUS 7.1.1 but it doesnt seem to be working for me.

Thanks
Gaurav.

<DocServices>
posted
Hi Gaurav,

Coloring the GRID and defining its line styles was not supported in FOCUS 7.1.1.

It may have been supported in 7.2 and was
definitely in 7.3. Those two versions of FOCUS are on the same programming track as WebFOCUS.

Regards,
Jennifer

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jennifer.