Focal Point
[CLOSED] ReportCaster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2377010395

November 04, 2010, 12:18 PM
db
[CLOSED] ReportCaster
I have duplicate masterfiles. I want to point ReportCaster to one and DevStudio to the other. How do I set that up?

Thanks,

WF 5.3.3

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
November 04, 2010, 12:50 PM
HÃ¥kan
Have one master file in the development environmet (which I presume is your localhost), and another on the server (which is the most likely setup). If you are running DS against the server I suppose the easiest is to use the standard path/domain for RC and for DS you can simply give the command APP PREPENDPATH yourappname where the DS master file is located.

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.06/08 DS/AS
WebFOCUS RS 8.0.08 (Linux/IBM i)
WebFOCUS Client 8.0.06 (Linux)
November 05, 2010, 08:43 AM
dlogan
There are many possible ways to handle this.

The important concept to remember is that the first master file found in the application path that matches the name will be used. As a result you can use APP PATH, APP PREPEND, etc to adjust the APP PATH to get the desired result.

With that said:
1) Server profiles - If the users are going to be different between ReportCaster and Developer Studio you can use user or group profiles to adjust the application path.

2) Site Profile - You can use WFS Scripting logic within your site.wfs to add different entries to the _site_profile based on whether the request comes from Developer Studio or not to adjust the application path.

(See my 2010 Summit Lab for an example of setting _site_profile. The appendix at the end shows how to identify DevStudio)

3) As Lidholm suggests you can use different Reporting Server's that have different application paths set with them (e.g. The local DevStudio Reporting Server, and the external server).

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP