Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Dev Studio 7 6 1 Logon

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Dev Studio 7 6 1 Logon
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Initially, I was having webfocus Dev Studio 7.1.4 installed in my machine. Now I have installed 7.6.1 version.

In which I am able to add new Environments and test, Where in my local wf client is not working poperly. It is asking for Credentials. Where It will be set ? Any default UID/Pwds available ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5

Posts: 394 | Location: Chennai | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
In Dev Studio, Open 'Explorer'. For each WebFOCUS environment you have, do the following:

Right-click server name, select Properties.

Select 'Managed Reporting / Report Caster' button.
Check 'Supply Credentials'
Input username/credentials in the User ID and Password boxes.

**(Optional, but recommended):
Click 'Data Servers' box.
Click Node Name in Data Servers list (once to highlight).
Check 'Supply Credentials'
Input username/credentials in the User ID and Password boxes.
Click 'Set'.
Click 'OK'.

Repeat for any other servers you have connections to.

After doing this, you will also see that you are listed by this name in the 'Monitor Data Services > Agents' admin panel. I make our team do this so we know who to talk to when killing crashed/dead/runaway agents.

** This will allow your MFDs to know it is you accessing the underlying data. If you use a default/service ID, it will appear generally.

- ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi ABT,

Thank you for your reply. This is fine for other Server environments. I have done this as well. But for "localhost" Is there a specific UID Password to set with ?

If so what is that ?

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Guru
posted Hide Post
Moreover I am starting the Server with Security as OFF .

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Master
posted Hide Post
Sorry, RAMKUMAR. I'm only working with WebFOCUS in a server context and not as a localhost.

- ABT

WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I get that occasionaly when developer studio initially loads. If I hit cancel and then once developer studio finishes loading I navigate to my local host and it doesn't ask me again.

The only other time I have seen that is when the apache service on my local host has been stopped for some reason.

Crystal

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
last week I upgraded by Dev Studio from 7.6.4 to 7.6.10 and got the same message. I tried several things, finally I uninstalled Dev Studio and did a new install. This cleared up the problem.

Some things I observed while trying to get things to work.

• While I was having the problem, I was able to open the reporting Console and run procedure. So the Dev Studio reporting server was fully functional. From the reporting Studio I has able to access code on a remote server. I only got the error trying to work on the LOCALHOST. Confused

• While I was doing the uninstall / install I copied the folder with the Fex's etc. to a windows encrypted folder. Dev Studio could not find anything in the folder. Ultra-edit was able to read things just fine. That had me going around for a while.

Jim Morrow
Web Focus 7.6.10 under Windows 2003
MVS 7.3.3

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi CLH,

I am hitting cancel so many times on the way. But Nothing works... Morover all apache services are running in my machine and still not working... Frowner

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim,

Thank you for your reply. Same thing is happening here as well. My code is running in the console. Things are fine there. But studio is not able to get on to the localhost.

May be I will try uninstall and Reinstall. Let me see whether that resolves my problem.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Guru
posted Hide Post
Uninstal/Reinstall also does'nt help me to resolve this. Frowner

Any other information on this part will be much helpful...

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows

Master
posted Hide Post
I had a similar issue when installing 7.6.11 (32 bit) on 64-bit Windows 7. The Dev Studio install expects to find 32-bit Tomcat and java installed (or will install it anyway). However Tomcat will not install as a 32-bit application on a 64-bit machine and requires 64-bit java. That means the Dev Studio install will not place the necessary xml files in the appropriate Tomcat subdirectory.

In my case the solution was to manually create the two xml files that are required to be in the Tomcat directory. This is explained quite well in the Dev Studio installation instructions. After doing that the "Projects on localhost (Disconnected)" message went away.

Then it wasn't necessary to supply credentials.

If you are still using a 32-bit computer the two files should be installed automatically, but it's worth having a look.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post