Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Multiple Product

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Multiple Product
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,
i have scenario where i have to filter a data set for multiple entries and show output from that multiple entries.
I am thinking like SQL query where i can count(column) to check multiple entries.
I am having hard time to figure this out in Webfocus.

Company   ProductID  Quality level

Com1	  100           1         			  
com2      200           2
com2      201           1
com2      202           3
com2      203           4
com3	  300           1
com3	  301	        2

Here com2 and com3 only has multiple ProductId and i have to filter that and then display only those records with QualityLevel 1.

Output format.

com2      201           1
com3	  300           1

Can someone please help?
This is just a small part in the whole scenario for me to start

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF8206,Windows 7,8,10
HTM,PDF,EXCEL

Posts: 229 | Location: MI | Registered: September 13, 2017Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

You can try something like this

TABLE FILE QUALITYLEVELTABLE
SUM CNT.DST.PRODUCTID NOPRINT
BY COMPANY
WHERE TOTAL CNT.DST.PRODUCT GT 1;
ON TABLE HOLD AS HLDCOMPANY
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE QUALITYLEVELTABLE
SUM/PRINT
QUALITYLEVEL
BY COMPANY
BY PRODUCTID
WHERE COMPANY IN FILE HLDCOMPANY;
WHERE QUALITYLEVEL EQ 1;
END
-RUN

You indicated you might like a SQL query, in that case:
select company, productid, qualitylevel from qualityleveltable
where company in (select company from qualitylevels group by company having count(distinct productid) > 1) and qualitylevel = 1

Martin.

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
TABLE FILE ......
COUNT PRODUCT_ID NOPRINT
BY COMPANY
ON TABLE SAVE
END
TABLE FILE .....
PRINT COMPANY PRODUCT_ID QUALITY_LEVEL
IF COMPANY EQ (SAVE)
IF QUALITY_LEVEL EQ 1
END

Posts: 140 | Location: Adelaide South Australia | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
NOPRINT

Sorry missed a bit
you need
SET ASNAMES=ON
TABLE FILE .....
COUNT PRODUCT_ID AS 'COUNTER'
BY COMPANY
ON TABLE HOLD
END
TABLE FILE HOLD
PRINT COMPANY
IF COUNTER GT 1
ON TABLE SAVE
END
TABLE FILE ....
PRINT COMPANY PRODUCT_ID QUALITY_LEVEL
IF COMPANY EQ (SAVE)
IF QALITY_LEVEL EQ 1
END

There are other ways to possibly do this in a single pass but I think this three step process may be easier to follow. If the data volume is not huge then run-time will not be an issue.

If you want a more efficient solution just ask again and I or someone else can write some code to produce the same result in less passes.

Posts: 140 | Location: Adelaide South Australia | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks @Martin and @OPALTOSH.
My actual scenario is way more complex.
I will post the scenario as another post,if i gets stopped,so that someone can give me some idea.

WF8206,Windows 7,8,10
HTM,PDF,EXCEL

Posts: 229 | Location: MI | Registered: September 13, 2017Report This Post