Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Admins can't edit other Admins?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Admins can't edit other Admins?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
When an "MR Administrator" visits the "Managed Reporting Administration" web program to edit users, they can edit all users except other "MR Administrator" users.

They also are able to edit their own accounts.

We are using trusted authentication in a Windows environment.

We would like to have the ability of an MR Admin to edit other Admin's accounts, or to know what needs to be done to specify a superuser who can edit the accounts as MR Admin's leave the company, etc.

Ideas?

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Are your admins also setup as admin in the Administration Console? I believe if they are setup as developers they will not be able to edit admins in the Managed Reporting Administration.

You may not want them to be admins, but I believe this will solve your issue and possibly create a new one.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Master
posted Hide Post
how do I set folks up as admin in the admin console?

I don't see anything like this.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Right above Managed Reporting Administration, there is WebFOCUS Administration Console. In there go to Configuration > Startup Parameters.

I am using 7.1.4, not sure about your version, but I would think it would be the same. The catch is you have to be an admin in order to get there.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Expert
posted Hide Post
In order to make an MR admin a full admin, you will need to logon onto the MRE and select the User Administration then change the type of user they are in MRE.

Logging onto the WebFOCUS client console will not help you at all.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
they all show up in the admin console as MattC suggested.

I'm not sure what you mean GinnyJakes when you say MRE. Is that the "Managed Reporting Administration" link from the http://server/ibi_apps/ page?

Guru
posted Hide Post
Sorry I am pretty new to WF. Ginny are you referring to the webconsole where you can add Data Adapters and so forth

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, this is very confusing. I thought Jason was talking about MRE, i.e. Managed Reporting, and MR administators and that he wanted more than one person to be a full MRE admin. Please correct me if I am wrong.

This is not done from the WebFOCUS client or admin console whose link is http://yourservername/ibi_apps/console/webfocusconsole.jsp.

Matt, this is also not done from the reporting server console whose link is http://yourservername:8121 or whatever your port number it.

It is done from the MRE link which is: http://yourservername/ibi_apps/login/mr/mr_login.jsp?.

What you do is log into that last link as admin (and you might want to give it a password) and then click on the little blue people icon whose bubble help is 'Managed Reporting Administration'. Once there, click on the user tab. Find the user you want to give powers to and make them an 'MR Administrator'. At our shop, we have a couple of them and the rest are all developers, etc.

I hope this clarifies things.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Ginny,
Perhaps I should clarify that we have about 6 MR admins that show up the facility that you mention, but none of us can edit each other's permissions.

In other words, we can't demote someone from "MR Administrator" in that program you mention.

By the way, you can get to the "Managed Reporting Administration" through http://servername/ibi_apps/ or, at least that's how we get almost every place. Wink

Expert
posted Hide Post
I just did it and it worked fine. I changed the entry for a guy who retired two weeks ago and I haven't deleted from MRE yet.

I then did it from the link that you use which takes me to the same place and did it again.

Maybe you need to open a case. I had 762 up until about 8pm on Tuesday night but now I'm at 765 so my conditions aren't exactly the same as yours. Or I still don't understand.

Ginny