Focal Point
COBOL function using ZIIP

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2437003916

April 22, 2012, 12:01 AM
Ajeet
COBOL function using ZIIP
I want focus to call a COBOL subroutine, that works fine as long as LOad library is authorised ,if not authorised then we need to specify in STEPLIB only, however in the later case ZIIP is disabled.

My question is

1. How can we make this to use ZIIP without authorising load library. Any way possible?

2. Can we compile COBOL subroutine in FUSELIB.

I tried to place in JOBLIB but that is not working as gives error "EXTERNAL MODULE NOT FOUND"

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
April 27, 2012, 01:03 PM
Kerry
Hi Ajeet,

Is this more of a COBOL question? If so, maybe you would want to post this to a COBOL forum for help.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
April 30, 2012, 12:03 PM
Diptesh Patel
Ajeet:
I have (in the distant past), placed COBOL load modules in FUSELIB. I don't know whether that would take advantage of ZIIP or not. You may need to try it and check.

Diptesh
WF 7.1.7 - AIX, MVS
May 01, 2012, 12:41 AM
Ajeet
This is a FOCUS question as how it can call user define subroutine and still use ZIIP processor.

Diptesh, FUSELIB needs to be authorized to have this load module else it will abend. and if we include in STEPLIB it won't ZIIP. How can we make it to use ZIIP without authorising the library.

Thanks for your help.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs