Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Drilldown the graph with NOPRINT field-Repeated Question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Drilldown the graph with NOPRINT field-Repeated Question
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

My requirement is to drill down a graph with a NOPRINT field. This is very much possible in a table file. The same question is asked in May2004 and I just want to know whether this issue has been taken care in any latest versions.

The following is an example program:

GRAPH FILE CAR
PRINT CNT.CAR DEALER_COST NOPRINT RETAIL_COST NOPRINT
BY SEATS
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH HBAR
ON GRAPH SET GRID ON
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT PNG
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N2,
FOCEXEC=NEW_REPORT(P1=N3 P2=N4),
$
ENDSTYLE
END

If u see the passed parameters in the drill down it will be either 0.0 or the value of the first parameter.

Please let me know if there is any solution for this.

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/...711087331#4711087331

Thanks in Advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 143 | Location: Rochester,NY. | Registered: August 20, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Cyril,

I'm in 5.3 and it's not working there. However, I did have a thought on this, sort of thinking a little outside the box.

What if you didn't noprint the two other columns and did the graph as a horizontal stack. With the two original noprint columns, make them the same color as the background in the graph so that they appear to be invisible. If you do this, then it is likely that you may be able to achieve what you're looking for...with some playing.

Unfortunately, I don't have to to play with this myself. In my free time I might actually start to look into this. I used the same sort of technique on waterfall graphs (or as some companies call them - bridge graphs) and it was very successful indeed.

Ken

Posts: 177 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 25, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
FYI,

Drilling down on a graph with NOPRINT has not been implemented at this point, but will probably make it into the next major release. Please contact Information Builder�s Customer Support to submit a New Feature Request. You can either call Customer Support at 1-800-736-6130, or access the online system InfoResponse at http://techsupport.ibi.com .

Hope this helps. Big Grin

Cheers,

Kerry

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post