Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] how to see who is logged in?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] how to see who is logged in?
 Login/Join

posted
I want to know is there a way to know who is or has logged into the employees dashboard?
We have a employee dashboard that is deployed and the employees have there own user id/passwords. And the content of the dashboard is constrained to that user.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
Windows
HTML

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Inderjit,

I would check into the resource analyzer and see if that has the metrics that you are looking for. It probably will and just needs to be turned on. Otherwise you could write a modify statement, that gathers the employee id and whatever metrics you feel are relevant, and store that in a table.

Eric Woerle
WF 7.6.7 Reportting Server
ETL 7.6.10
Dev Studio 7.6.7

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
As Eric notes above Inderjit, there are multiple ways of doing this and would depend on what your need is. Here are few simple-to-complex options that I can think of, experts will certainly know of a lot more:

-- To see currently executing threads, you can utilize the WF Admin console (if you have the right access to it).
-- Your site may have a database monitoring system to see currently executing threads (TMON-DB2 for example).
-- To track specifc user logins on the current day, you could do a manual search in the EDAPRINT logs for the userID.
-- If your site has purchased the Resource Analyzer product, it comes with options to track users/tables/procedures.
-- You could insert code in every program to capture the IBIC_user parm and write/Modify/Insert this data into a file/db. You can then code another program to report from this logging file/db.

Hope that helps.
Sandeep Mamidenna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music

Posts: 218 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
-- You could insert code in every program to capture the IBIC_user parm and write/Modify/Insert this data into a file/db. You can then code another program to report from this logging file/db.

We do this and it is really very helpful. As you may realize, it is a lot of work upfront (depending on how many FEXs you have).

- ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
So I was explained that I will need Resource analyzer for this type of tracking.
I have same sorts of questions.
1. How to track who has accesed reports in report liberary and what time user accessed report and how many times.
2. Who is accessing what report on the dashboard and what time?
3. When was user loged in lsat and what did user do (access reports, ran reports)?
4. All types of audicint I can enable on webfocus dashboard?

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML

Master
posted Hide Post
Arif,
Per your personal message, here is the code I've mentioned. I've trimmed it to be as generic as possible, but it should still accomplish the basic request.

-*  BEGIN CALLING FILE
-* This has to be set in *every program* you want access logged against.
-* When we did it, we only set it in 'top level' programs, that is, those 
-* available on the user's menu.  We didn't want to log usage to drill-
-* downs, includes or other files of this type.
-* &REPORTID = The 8 character .fex name of the program to be logged.
-* &USERID   = We are only logging On-Demand usage via our BI Dashboard 
-* and Managed Reporting. Logic could be added to populate with other 
-* users (i.e. ReportCaster - &DSTEDAUSER) if needed.

-SET &USERID = UPCASE(25,&IBIMR_user,&IBIMR_user);
-SET &REPORTID = '';
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE RUNEVENT

-*  END CALLING FILE

-* RUNEVENT.fex

-IF &USERID EQ '' THEN GOTO TRYIBI ELSE GOTO READY;
-TRYIBI
-SET &USERID = &IBIMR_user;
-READY

DEFINE FILE CAR
	EVENTTIME/HYYMDs = HGETC(10, 'HYYMDs');
	EVENTTYPE/A10    = 'RUN';
	USERID/A10       = UPCASE(10,'&USERID',USERID);
	REPORTID/A8      = '&REPORTID';
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
	MODEL NOPRINT
	BY EVENTTIME
	BY EVENTTYPE
	BY USERID
	BY REPORTID

WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 1;
ON TABLE HOLD AS RUNEVENT FORMAT ALPHA
END

-RUN

MODIFY FILE DMEVENTS
FIXFORM FROM RUNEVENT
DATA ON RUNEVENT
END

-RUN

Other needs: An RDBMS that you can write to (I suppose .foc files would work if you had to). Our table is called DMEVENTS (see above).

Note: This will provide pretty bare functionality and write out the execution of a fex. You can get as fancy as you'd like and log the parameters used for running, start/stop time, etc.

Note(2): This can all be done with Resource Analyzer. This is sort of a poor man's version.

Note(3): I updated our original code to use CAR for this example (the original ran against an internal table of dates). It worked as a test in the console window, but I cannot comment on scalability or the fact that you'd have a production reliance on the CAR file.

Note(4): Consider logging the domain the fex is located in to get a more accurate/complete picture.

I did not write the code but could answer questions based on how we've implemented it (we've placed it in hundreds of files).

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Guru
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much. This is very helpful. I have couple of questions. If you know that if there is a way to track library version of reports?

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML

Master
posted Hide Post
Not that I know of, but I haven't tried looking. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject can step in on this point.

- ABT

WF Environment:

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Guru
posted Hide Post
From what I recall, the only time logging takes place in Reseource Analyzer is when a program is executed. It does not log if a user logs into MRE or Dashboard and choses not to run reports. That logon info can be found in server log but not in RA repository.

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
ime logging takes place in Reseource Analyzer is when a program is executed. It does not log if a user logs into MRE or Dashboard and choses not to run reports. That logon info can be found in server log but not in RA repository.

Thank you Sayed. I have gotten the resource analyzer but I am realizing that it is still not able to track the library reports. My goals was to enable auditing and see if users are accessing the reprots in the library and when was the last time user logged into library and what report user accessed. I am not sure if there is a way to track cookies or any log file that gets generated when user access the library report. If I can get hold of log file, I can write a procedure to get the information in my database and report using the log info.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The 7611 WebFOCUS client admin console has a facility called the session monitor. It will tell you whi is logged into the client. It will show that last completed transaction to any reporting server and all active connections to reporting servers.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post