Focal Point
[CLOSED] Collaborative Portal double vertical scroll bar WF 8206

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2467005296

February 04, 2020, 04:53 PM
Edward Nowacki
[CLOSED] Collaborative Portal double vertical scroll bar WF 8206
I have a html page that has three reports within it. All three reports size vertically when content within them grow. This makes the html page generate a vertical scroll bar like any other web page on the web. But when I drop that page into a collaborative portal "single column page", the portal page itself creates another vertical scroll bar. Even though I have the portal shell "page height mode" set to fill.

How can I remove this outer scroll bar and allow the inner content html page to control the vertical scrolling?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
February 05, 2020, 10:06 AM
Berny
Recap: there is an html page with a scroll bar (for any content that overflows). The HTML page is then placed in a single column portal page.

Question:
Does the html page itself grow in height to accommodate the longer content? (I assume no, but I like to check using the browser developer tools)

On the portal page, did you create a panel (in the single column) with a fixed height (to hold the HTML page)?

Webfocus 8202, Windows

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Berny,
February 05, 2020, 10:39 AM
BabakNYC
Berny and Edward, we've no idea what version of WebFOCUS you're using.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
February 26, 2020, 03:17 PM
Edward Nowacki
Been a while since I checked this but what I did was make sure on the portal editor-single column container, I set all of the margins to zero . Then in the page that holds my html content, I set the height to auto.

That did the trick. Now my inner html page will grow when the report within it grows in length and produces only 1 vertical scroll bar.

Thanks for all of the input.