Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE OPEN] WF8: RANKED BY HIGHEST 20 TOTAL {FIELD}?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE OPEN] WF8: RANKED BY HIGHEST 20 TOTAL {FIELD}?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Has anyone seen any significant differences using the "RANKED BY HIGHEST 20 TOTAL {FIELD}" command, in WebFOCUS 8? I have. It results in RANKing the LWEST 20 {FIELDs} from high o low... I'm working on it but don't want to go crazy with it...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
BTW: It does not malfunction using a simple CAR file fex
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DCOST
PRINT MODEL
RANKED BY HIGHEST 3 TOTAL DCOST
WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND'
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
BTW: This does not work as is in WF8 but does work quite nicely in WF7:
TABLE FILE WEEKLY_SKU_SUMM
SUM NET_SALES_RETAIL_AMT
RANKED BY HIGHEST 10 NET_SALES_RETAIL_AMT NOPRINT
BY SKU BY SKU_DESC BY DEPARTMENT BY BUYER BY PRICE
WHERE WEEK EQ LAST_WEEK
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
. . . 
ENDSTYLE
END

Expert
posted Hide Post
Doug, it would be great if you reproduced this problem using one of the IBI sample files (not CAR if possible), then open a case. This sounds like a major issue.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the suggestion. However, I can't dup it with the sample FOCUS files, I tried Frowner.

I may need to do a work-around with this via a hold file (which works), at least for now so that production can go on... Probably followed by a case...

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
SUM NET_SALES_RETAIL_AMT
RANKED BY HIGHEST 10 NET_SALES_RETAIL_AMT NOPRINT

If you remove the NOPRINT, do the two NET_SALES_RETAIL_AMT columns show matching values?

If not, there is more than one row instance per combination of the sort keys, and you are ranking on detail values of NET_SALES_RETAIL_AMT, rather than the sum; which could explain your difficulty replicating the problem on CAR.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post