Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Excel doesn't like DB2 Date Default : 0001-01-01

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Excel doesn't like DB2 Date Default : 0001-01-01
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Bonjour,
Excel did not much appreciate Smart Dates coming indirectly out of DB2 (Usage = YY-M-D, Actual = A10 ).
So I translated the Default DB2 Date 0001-01-01 to the Basis of Focus Smart Date
with Proper SET DATEDISPLAY, Excel appreciates the 0 Focus Date, much better than DB2 Date origin...

( Those Dates cannot be both significant and before the beginning of Last century.
My memory doesn't try to remember 01/01/1900 or 31/12/1900 or 01/01/1901,
since Builtin like AYMD and Smart Dates disagree on this matter : 0 is the Basis in my mind )

The point is that I use numeric constant (Without Quote), so Focus does not start converting strings into Smart Date.
He knows that I know that Smart Date is a Number of Days. He trusts me and does what I want ...
At least I hope so. Please tell me if you detect a mistake.

WDATE_EC /YY-M-D = IF DATE_EC GE 1 THEN DATE_EC
ELSE 0 ;
WDATE_CRJ /YY-M-D = IF DATE_CRJ GE 1 THEN DATE_CRJ
ELSE 0 ;
WDATE_CEN /YY-M-D = IF DATE_CEN GE 1 THEN DATE_CEN
ELSE 0 ;
WDATE_FAB /YY-M-D = IF DATE_FAB GE 1 THEN DATE_FAB
ELSE 0 ;
WDATE_STO /YY-M-D = IF DATE_STO GE 1 THEN DATE_STO
ELSE 0 ;

Perhaps this 'Focuserie' (*) can help someone

Cordially and Focusely

(*) All langages have tips and techniques that appear Absurd or Crazy to those who do not yet master the langage.
And tend to appear as 'Natural' to those who have been sharing the life of this langage long enough.
Some times, when those crazy things are deep in their brains, they call themselves 'expert', which often occurs to be true .

X = X + 1 ; is the first craziness I met, a long time ago ...

It was 'Some poetry in this world of Brutes' approximately by Lindt

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO

Posts: 134 | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post