Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Dev Studio 7.6.10 "crashing"

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/247109214

April 06, 2010, 11:22 AM
rfbowley
[CASE-OPENED] Dev Studio 7.6.10 "crashing"
This may be the weirdest behavior I have ever seen.

When I open an HTML page in the composer, and to reference an existing graph, DEV Studio shuts down completely. It completely disappears from the task list as well. It is possible to import the graph, however when the page is run, the graph never does apepar.

Create an empty graph block, then create a button. Create a hyperlink to run the graph, and Dev Studio shuts down as soon as I click on the "ok" button. It does not matter whether I try to put the graph in the graph frame, or run in a window (existing or new), Dev Studio just disappears.

This client is using a NOVELL network with McAfee antivirus, and the desktop is an old Pentium 4 runing Windows XP Pro. The WebFOCUS webserver is also 7.6.10.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Robert F. Bowley Jr.
Owner
TaRa Solutions, LLC

In WebFOCUS since 2001
April 06, 2010, 02:53 PM
rfbowley
We have finally located the culprit. The Graph in question uses an ampersand variable in a where clause. It is the statement

-DEFAULT &Parm;

That caused the dev studio to close. The client is opening a case with IBI as a possible bug.

Robert F. Bowley Jr.
Owner
TaRa Solutions, LLC

In WebFOCUS since 2001