Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSE]Possible to assign specific graph in page to be load first via DEFAULT agents?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSE]Possible to assign specific graph in page to be load first via DEFAULT agents?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

I created a 'Page' and I have 8 graphs within that page to be display once ran. Due to performance issue, that I set DEFAULT agents to only 4 to be run at MAX agent(4 graph will be queued). And I notice those 4 DEFAULT agents will process random 4 graph within that page(base on each reload will show up graphs in different order).
Is possible to specify graph to be load first by DEFAULT agent?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nox,

WebFOCUS v8.2.06 , Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nox

This is documented in the App Studio user guide page 507. https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...s6/as_user_guide.pdf

Changing Load Order With HTML Object Manipulation
In an HTML page, objects load in the order in which they were added to the canvas. A
developer using raw HTML has the option of editing the source code to change the load order.
Such edits leverage the Document Object Model (DOM) for HTML and XML documents.
In App Studio, however, the source code cannot be edited. Therefore, the HTML object
manipulation menu is provided to allow you to change the load order, if necessary.
7. Creating HTML Pages
WebFOCUS App Studio User’s Manual 471
To change the load order, select multiple objects or components in the HTML canvas, then
right-click and select HTML object manipulation. The following menu options are available:
Add selected to new container. To put a container around two or more multiselected
objects. Objects in a container load at the same time.
Append selected. Available when the last multi-selected object is a container. Use this
option to move one or more multi-selected objects into the container.
Insert selected before. To load the last multiselected object before the other selected
objects.
Insert selected after. To load the last multiselected object after the other selected objects.
Swap selected. To swap positions for two multiselected objects.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chunk,

Thanks for the doc. Unfortunately those graph I mention was created via IA(InfoAssist). So would love to hear any other solution apart from App Studio?

WebFOCUS v8.2.06 , Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nox

I could not find anything that says that is possible. Check with techsupport if you haven't already.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post