Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] IbComposer_execute not executing?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] IbComposer_execute not executing?
 Login/Join

posted
Not sure if I am missing something simple. I am trying to execute a fex (from the html page) using javascript. I do not want to use the Tasks & Animations panel because in Maintain it triggers a loading animation that can't be disabled.

I've tried using the syntax for IbComposer_execute on a button (for testing) but haven't had much luck in getting it to work. Am I missing something? I'm on version 82.02
IbComposer_execute

The name of the report in the "Requests & Data Sources" panel is InternalEmployeeListHTML.

function button5_onclick(event) {
var eventObject = event ? event : window.event;
var ctrl = eventObject.target ? eventObject.target : eventObject.srcElement;
IbComposer_execute ('InternalEmployeeListHTML','_blank');
}

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Master
posted Hide Post
While I'm not sure why that's not working, this scenario works well for me.

In Tasks & Animations I create a task (task2) with a Trigger Type of TBD. That runs the report and places the output in a Frame I placed on the form.

In my JavaScript, behind a button click I have:
IbComposer_triggerExecution("task2", 1);
That performs the report and places the output on the frame. I am not seeing any form refresh when this happens.

Give it a try. If it doesn't work well for you, please open a case with Support and we can research IbComposer_execute

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post