Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved]Report will not run after database rename

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved]Report will not run after database rename
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
During a recent upgrade we had to rename one of the financial databases from 'Navigator' to 'NavLive'.

I changed the ODBC and the test runs succesfully.

I changed the database name in the metadata/synonym and the test runs succesfully.

But when I run any of the reports I get an error that it is still trying to find a database called 'Navigator'.

-
 (FOC1400) SQLCODE IS 916 (HEX: 00000394) XOPEN: 08004
 : Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: [08004] The server principal "
 : WebFocus1" is not able to access the database "Navigator" under the curr
 : ent security context. [] Deferred prepare could not be completed.
 L    (FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR.  : NAV_COMPTROLLER$CHECK_LEDGER_ENTRY

Is there some place else I need to change the database name besides ths ODBC connection and the Metadata?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Greg,

prod: WF 7.7.03 platform IIS on Windows 2007, databases: Oracle, , MSSQL

Posts: 133 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Remember that there is connection information in both the MAS and the ACX files that need to be changed. If all that is correct, you might try removing the data connection in the WF server and adding it back again. You mention ODBC but there is a reference to SQL Server. They're similar, but not the same. Make sure you're using the correct driver.

A number of other things could also be the issue, such as proper privileges on the renamed database. Try using a separate SQL tool such as MS Query, Excel, or an SQL Server tool to see if you can retrieve the data that way. If so, the problem lies in the WF server configuration or metadata. If not, it's in the SQL server itself.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The test in the metadata set-up runs and pulls data so I dont think it is a permission error.

I also can retrieve data using the mssql studio.

Webfocus stillthink the database is called Navigator some where.

I will have alook at the mas files.

Posts: 133 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The acx file is still looking for 'Navigator'

SEGNAME='NAV_COMPTROLLER$CHECK_LEDGER_ENTRY', 
   TABLENAME='Navigator.dbo."Comptroller$Check Ledger Entry"', 
   CONNECTION=Navigator, KEYS=1, $

There are hundreds of these. I should not have to go and change them all by hand. I thought changing the metadata would change them all.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well, technically this is part of the metadata. I would just use a search-and-replace utility to replace all of them. There's no way around it. Frowner The connection will be what that connection is named within the WF server, and the tablename must reflect your changed db name.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I conviced the DBA to give teh new database the old name and now everyitng it working again.