Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     What to expect when upgrading to 7.6.4?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
What to expect when upgrading to 7.6.4?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
We're planning on an upgrade from 7.6.2 to 7.6.4, Tuesday the 18th on Win2003 server.

We have only done one upgrade before, from 7.1.3 to 7.6.2, but we also changed our physical server layout so we hired an IBI employee to come out and do the work. I'm glad we did as it took him nearly two full days to finish the task. Thank goodness we weren't in production, I would have had the server down for weeks. Wink

After reading the manual, it looks pretty straight forward...follow the prompts essentially. Should we expect any unseen issues with this implementation? We only have one license for webfocus server so we can not have a development server to test this on...which leaves us all a little 'afraid of the unknown'

Thanks!

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Guru
posted Hide Post
I've been working on 7.6.4 for more than a week now, and the migration from 7.6.2 to 7.6.4 has brought no problems so far for me.

Frans

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 454 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We had 7.6.2 for a bit and have recently gone up to 7.6.4. I had a weird issue getting a http response 500 response code when I had an existing test job and changed the output type. I think it may have been a Tomcat or some type of RC table corruption issue (sorry - not a very good answer to our problem)

We don't have too much on our 7.6.4 servers yet so I just deleted the old job. All new jobs work fine though.

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2003,SQL Server 2005,Oracle

Posts: 125 | Location: New England | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
service pack upgrades are usually pretty easy,
going from a n.n.n to an n.n.n+1.
Just make sure you know how to answer all the pop up questions you get during the install process. You know your serial numbers and your license keys? that sort of stuff? Did you take notes when your IBI SE was there doing the migration? Migrations .. good idea to have an IBI SE on site. Especially if you have alot of work to migrate over. Upgrades, usually painless. You can always get help on the phone from tech support. They can Remote Assist in if there's a problem. Just knowing they're there is very comforting... We just did a 762->764 and only did the server part, because we have a highly customized client part, and just don't feel like tackling that yet...everything is fine. Took just a few minutes.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We're planning on doing the upgrade tomorrow at 1pm on our single webfocus server.

I'll let you all know how it goes. *crosses fingers*

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
you know to take down all the systems and then upgrade the server first, right? You'll be happy.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Folks

As I understand it the 7.6.2 to 7.6.4 is an incremental upgrade in that you only deploy the files that have changed in the release.

Is there any way of getting a list of files for the server and client upgrades, for, like Susannah, we have made customizations mainly to the client.

Jason, I would be interested to know of your experiences, as we plan this sometime in the new year. In particular you might be interested that there are a couple of fixes to OLAP in the new release. I know this as I had a couple of OLAP problems last night.

Regards and good luck

John

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Incremental or not, we're doing this to our production server... though I guess it's not really production. Wink Hopefully this release will let us create the reports that we bought the software to create in the first place, OLAP AND DRILLDOWNS in the same report, skippy.

Expert
posted Hide Post
i find its best to make 3 copies of a file, when making customizations
filename.html
filename_original.html
filename_fancy.html
then after an upgrade, i just run a fex
CMD COPY ...filename.html ...filename_original.html
CMD COPY ...filename_fancy.html ...filename.html /y
and say a prayer.

<Shane>
posted
We've had no problems upgrading. But we really don't have anything in production yet either so I doubt we'd see anything significant anyway.

Shane

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Finished the upgrade.... took just under 1 minute.

No problems.