Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to manually update the HTML composer’s calendar control?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to manually update the HTML composer’s calendar control?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
The HTML composer’s calendar control has two part , the calendar INPUT control part, and the calendar widget. The calendar INPUT box id is “calendar_input”, it will feed the variable &Date to the processing program . The default vale for the calendar INPUT box is the current-date. The user can change the “calendar_input” box with any date by using the “calendar widget” or manually update the “Calendar INPUT” box.

We found when user manually update the “calendar INPUT” box, the value will not pass to the &Date, The value of &Date will be assigned and pass only when user use the “calendar widget”.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.2.01 AppStudio
HTML, PDF, Excel

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Emily

Since no one was able to provide any guidance I hope you opened a case with techsupport...

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
The problem resolved!
In the Properties view, I originally defined the “calendar_input_date” field as “validate/required”, and in the Settings view, I originally checked the “Send unformatted value” checkbox for this filed. Maybe it caused conflict. After I uncheck the “Send unformatted value” box, let the HTML pass the formatted date value to the processing program. It accurately passes the “formatted date” value to the processing program, entered either with calendar widget or with keyboard. Of course, I need to modify the processing program of the date format of the input variable - &Date from unformatted (01312019) to formatted (01/31/2019).

WebFOCUS 8.2.01 AppStudio
HTML, PDF, Excel