Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Creating PDF documents with Arabic text

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Creating PDF documents with Arabic text
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to create a PDF document containing Arabic Text using Times New Roman fonts. The output looks like Arabic but the letters are not joined. To join the letter I have to use ON TABLE SET LAYOUTRTL ON in the fex file. But using that changes all the alignments. All right side information gets align to left and left side to right.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Webfocus 8.1.5
Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML, AHTML,APDF

Posts: 5 | Location: India | Registered: August 02, 2017Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
LAYOUTRTL is used to produce a report from right to left, used in Hebrew or Arabic reports.
I would suggest you try using a different font: ARIAL UNICODE MS or LUCIDA SANS UNICODE.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried using ARIAL UNICODE MS and LUCIDA SANS UNICODE, but when I remove LAYOUTRTL, the characters are separated and not displayed as a word.

Webfocus 8.1.5
Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Your number fields should still be right-justified.
You should have to specify "JUSTIFY=LEFT" in the STYLE for those alpha fields which you want left-justified.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem is not with justfication, let me explain in detail.
1. without LAYOUTRTL : the characters appears separated for text in Arabic (using font type TIMES NEW ROMAN or ARIAL UNICODE MS or LUCIDA SANS UNICODE) the rest of the information which is in English appears normal.
2. with LAYOUTRTL : the Arabic text appears correctly (using font TIMES NEW ROMAN or ARIAL UNICODE MS or LUCIDA SANS UNICODE) but all the information which was put on left side, goes to right side of the page and those on right side, goes to left. 1st left column moves to 1st right column, 2nd left column moves to 2nd right, etc.

I hope I am able to explain my problem.

Webfocus 8.1.5
Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hitesh,
LAYOUTRTL was developed for the Israeli and Arabic market where the writing direction is from Right To Left, hence the name of the parameter. It reverses the layout on the page, meaning that the first field is on the rightmost place, the second to its left and so on.
In fact your problem is that when you print an Arabic field without LAYOUTRTL the Arabic letters are distinct and not linked as in cursive writing.
I would suggest you as IBI, or ADOBE, if there is another font which would give you what you want.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982

posted Hide Post
I tried Traditional Arabic font as well, but it does not solve the problem. I dont know which font can resolve this issue.

Webfocus 8.1.5
Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Last resort: open a case with tech support

Daniel
In Focus since 1982