Focal Point
[SOLVED] Getting the Description Value from Listbox

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/2517081586

January 11, 2017, 07:30 AM
iBeny
[SOLVED] Getting the Description Value from Listbox
Hi

I have a Listbox having vehicle names and is bound to a Variable namely &vehicle.

'Vehicle_ID' is being passed to the &Vehicle but the Display Value is Coming from 'Vehicle_desc'.

In WF7 Switching ON 'Send Display value' gave us a Variable &vehicle_text which had the Display Value of option selected in the listbox but still passes the Vehcile_ID value to the &Vehicle.

IN WF8, switching on 'Send display value' is sending 'Vehicle_desc' to the &vehicle hence the SQL Pass through is not getting the correct filter.

The Idea is to Use Vehicle_ID(&Vehicle) in the SQL Pass through and but also fetch the Display value to show in report footer.

Need Help!!

Example:

Vehicle_id - 5 has vehicle_desc - BC403 MAX

I need to use 5 in the SQL but display BC403 MAX in the report footer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

Webfocus 8105,8808,7703,7611, EXL2K,HTML,PDF,COMT,AHTML Info Assist+ , Reportcaster
January 11, 2017, 08:06 AM
Avinash
quote:
The Idea is to Use Vehicle_ID(&Vehicle) in the SQL Pass through and but also fetch the Display value to show in report footer

Use Hold file and -READFILE Concept to read value in a variable and use it in footer.

Thanks!
@vi

WebFOCUS 8105, Dev Studio 8105, Windows 7, ALL Outputs
January 11, 2017, 08:23 AM
iBeny
How would this give the Description of the Value Selected in the Listbox?

Webfocus 8105,8808,7703,7611, EXL2K,HTML,PDF,COMT,AHTML Info Assist+ , Reportcaster
January 11, 2017, 09:01 AM
Squatch
There was a lengthy discussion on this forum about "Send Display value" a few months ago... the following might be useful for you:

[NO LONGER WORKS] HTML Canvas: How to send both the return & display value? (8105m)

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
January 16, 2017, 04:57 AM
iBeny
I am using below Javascript Function which i wrote as workaround, use it with the ValueChanged Event of the Listbox and then bind the value to a Variable, use the Variable in the report filter section, we can mark this thread as closed.

function listbox_subengine()
{
var list_v = document.getElementById('listsubeng')
var list_vLength = list_v.options.length;
var strfinal1 = "";
for (var j = 0; j < list_vLength; j++)
{
if (list_v.options[j].selected)
{
var str2 = list_v.options[j].text;
strfinal1 = strfinal1 + str2+",";
}
}
strfinal1 = strfinal1.substr(0,strfinal1.length-1);
document.getElementById('edit5').value = strfinal1;
return strfinal1;
}