Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Execute launch page in MRE from external App fails

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Execute launch page in MRE from external App fails
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
We have a requirement to have reports inside of MRE (BI Dashboard), but provide the ability for them to be accessed from an external app. Furthermore, we have created HTML launch pages within MRE, which launch the reports. We are in a single-sign-on environment using COREid, so we're using MR_Drill to get into MRE. Here's the problem. If I link to a FEX directly, passing all the necessary MRE parameters, it works fine. However, if I link to my HTML launch page, passing the same parameters, it appears to not create the WebFOCUS cookie. The launch page fails when it tries to build the dropdowns (I think because the WF cookie wasn't created). I think one option would be to pull my launch page out of MRE, but would really like it to work as is, if possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jeff Elam,

Jeff Elam
WF 8 in Windows

Posts: 44 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There are probably a couple ways around this. Here's one suggestion: Instead of having and HTML launch page, per se, try creating a fex which has
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
your launch page html here
-HTMLFORM END

I haven't tried this because I don't know exactly how your pieces are interacting, but it may exhibit different behavior for a .fex instead of a .htm

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Darin,
Excellent idea. Doesn't appear to act any differently, though. In any case, thanks for the suggestion.

Jeff Elam
WF 8 in Windows

Posts: 44 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Maybe executing some dummy code in your fex before the -HTMLFORM would set the cookie. Like
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM CAR
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think your MR_Drill is the problem here. If I understand it correctly, the MR_Drill will bypass security for the current request, that way a distributed report can still have active drill downs. I don't believe that the cookies are created when it is available. You will probably have to call the request without the MR_Drill, and all the other valid parms to get this working.

I'm about 85% confident that the above is correct. Maybe someone else here can confirm or deny it.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I tried taking out the MR_Drill parameter, and it now immediately prompts me to logon to Managed Reporting, which I don't want. This is the string I'm passing:
 https://server/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_domain=oda4wgco...folder=#sampledsp249

Jeff Elam
WF 8 in Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Can you explain you SSO configuration in a nut shell?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
OK. Using COREid (formerly Oblix). Users sign onto their application. A COREid cookie is created. Using HTTPS for the WebFOCUS app, but not for the other app. When the user links to the app or BI Dashboard (2 separate links), they don't need a passowrd, because they've already got the COREid cookie. MR_Drill is used to indicate who the user is to WebFOCUS.

Jeff Elam
WF 8 in Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sorry Jeff ... my bad. It's the IBIMR_drill that is causing you problems.

Read this: This should help alot.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
IBIMR_Drill is what we are using. I may have referred to it incorrectly above. If I take it out, I don't get into MRE at all. I had seen the posting you pointed to, and tried some of the techniques offered, but didn't find anything of specific use. Someone offered me this as a suggestion--is there javascript that can be called to create a WebFOCUS cookie?

Jeff Elam
WF 8 in Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

How would your users normally log on? I assume that COREid is protecting the /ibi_apps end point, and adding either the IBIMR_Drill, or using some other header or cookie that then is linked to the MRE userid. I am not familiar with COREid, but I am with Siteminder, ClearTrust, and Entrusts SSO environments, and that is how all of them basically work.

Any light that you can share should help guide you to the appropriate URL that will both create the MR_COOKIE and call the appropriate html page (and subsequent report).