Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] System variables - I'd like one for the complete path of the included fex
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] System variables - I'd like one for the complete path of the included fex
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
You fellers aren't helping me want to get to App Studio any sooner Smiler

JC
WebFOCUS Dev Studio / App Studio
Windows 7

Posts: 146 | Registered: November 09, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post

*sigh*

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post

Memory HOG!! Plan on using at least 1 GIG of memory when opening AppStudio. Why does the tomcat8.exe start running even when I never use my local machine?

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hallway:

*sigh*

That error resembles the giant sucking sound that Ross Perot warned us about.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcannavo:
You fellers aren't helping me want to get to App Studio any sooner Smiler

You will be assimilated, just give it time.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post

Number 2 for the day *smh*

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs:

Master
posted Hide Post
Hallway,

I don't believe app studio launches tomcat, but it does install it in case you want to do local development. I always tell WebFOCUS to not install tomcat, because I do all my development off of the server. As long as that is how you do it as well, then you can go to your services, shutdown tomcat and tell it not to automatically start at boot up. That should save you 500mb of RAM.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
jcannavo,

unless you want the headache that is IBI's idea of responsive design.... Stick with Dev Studio. I haven't found anything I want to take advantage of in App Studio yet. I believe there is still a 8.1.05 version of dev studio.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
We had an issue with a text box in an html page that, on clicking on it to change properties, App Studio would crash.

Solution: don't click on it, select from the properties list, delete and recreate.

I still think that App Studio is in its infancy, and hoping that by 8.2 it will start to mature.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Waz:
We had an issue with a text box in an html page that, on clicking on it to change properties, App Studio would crash.

Solution: don't click on it, select from the properties list, delete and recreate.

I still think that App Studio is in its infancy, and hoping that by 8.2 it will start to mature.

On several occasions in the last few months, I have been unable to select a component or control by either clicking on it directly or selecting it from the properties list.

To fix the problem, I had to edit the HTML code manually and remove all references to that component or control. One of the places is in the "XML island" code in addition to the regular HTML markup code.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Squatch,

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eric.woerle:
Hallway,

I don't believe app studio launches tomcat, but it does install it in case you want to do local development. I always tell WebFOCUS to not install tomcat, because I do all my development off of the server. As long as that is how you do it as well, then you can go to your services, shutdown tomcat and tell it not to automatically start at boot up. That should save you 500mb of RAM.

Perfect, that works. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hallway

Repository:

Outputs: