As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only. Moving forward, myibi is our community platform to learn, share, and collaborate. We have the same Focal Point forum categories in myibi, so you can continue to have all new conversations there. If you need access to myibi, contact us at email@example.com and provide your corporate email address, company, and name.
An option if your WebFOCUS Client and Reporting Server are on the same box would be to have the WebFOCUS procedure create the file into a folder that woudl be accessable from the Web Server (there is usually a approot alias defined on the web server) say an output folder. Then use a script to create a zip file with the DBASE file inside of it. At the end of the webfocus procedure send the use back an html file with a link to there zip file. You'll want to be sure that each zip file and DBASE file are unique. And you will want to also perform some type of cleanup on that folder to delete the old DBASE files and Zip files.
i have edited the file mime on the server and prior to that i made a copy of it and added a line for DBASE. i went after the console and could see the changes i did. But this does not have any effect on the example you sent. Any other thing to check?
Originally posted by Waz: You can PCHOLD the dbase file, with some extra code.
TABLE FILE CAR
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT DBASE
FILEDEF DBF DISK hold.dbf
SET HTMLFORMTYPE = DBASE
You will still have to set up mime types in the admin console.
WebFocus 7.6.5 AND WebLogic server as web server sql2005 as database server
Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007
just a quick hint on the HTMLFORM solution: Please be aware that WF (at least still in my 7.7.01 ver) performs some changes to the data stream provided in a HOLD file when "putting it out" using -HTMLFORM.
SET HTMLFORMTYPE = DBASE -HTMLFORM DBF
Btw.: In an MRE env. you might also want to add a -mrnoedit before the -HTMLFORM.
At least for me, this does not work for all binary files like PDF. I do not know the structure of DBASE files but if they contain binary code this might be true here, too. I believe -HTMLFORM interprets all data provided as "text with \n and a max. line length". Binary data as PDF files might not be returned "byte-exact" as the input was.
(E.g. tried with static PDF "WebFOCUS Special Newsletter Dec 2010" - did not work)
Therefore you might want to opt for the solution Dan proposed or you could wrap a base64 encoded version of your hold file (e.g. using powershell or java helper class) into an MHT file and use